Discussion and debate over the National or State level political scenes. Please use individual community level forums for Local political discussion.
By Phaedrus
Just keep watching. We are getting daily reminders that the Republican Party is a tool for making the rich richer and everbody else poorer. We are being raped and have been brainwashed to like it.
By WilDeA
It's all part of the same package.

If I read the net correctly, and I say that because it is filled with so much nonsense as well as seeming to be truth, I read that the top 400 wealthiest Americans have a net worth that is equal to the net worth of the bottom 50% of our citizens.

It's this what happened in Russia before their great revolution(1918).

Right now the labor unions, governmental and non-governmental, rank 6th, 7th and 9th of the top 10 contributors to political parties, in their case the Democrats. AFT( American Federation of Teachers) and SEIU (Service Employees International Union) are both dependent on the public revenue. Should the right for collective bargaining be denied, as Gov. Walker of Wisconsin is attempting, two of the top nine sources of income for Democrats would be lost and it would appear that Republicans could "run the table" in that state. Meanwhile at least five other states with Republican governors seem to be on the same track.

Situations, like laws allowing the Governor of Wisconsin to negotiate and sell state property on a "NO BID BASIS", including dams, power plants and toll roads, would be out of the hands of people(the legislation, permitting only the wealthy to acquire and control what has been paid for with the taxes of the public.

This is the only conclusion I can draw.
This is not fear mongering on my part. If you have information which shows otherwise, lets see it?
By c_yatsuk
No, thats not it at all. Thats good knowledge on your part and I probably should worry or care about that, but I'm not. I'm just concerned for us veterans. I know I'm biased towards the military, but why or how did this bill pass? If everyone thinks the military veterans deserve the best, doesnt this bill contradict that very sentiment? This may sound contradictorary (I'm sure I spelled that wrong...lol), but; do I think us veterans deserves to get everything handed to us? No, I dont. But, if people (generally) feel the same sentiment, it (this bill) contradicts that.
By grieker
Phaedrus wrote:Just keep watching. We are getting daily reminders that the Republican Party is a tool for making the rich richer and everbody else poorer. We are being raped and have been brainwashed to like it.

Oh stop with the class envy divisionism bull. We are being raped by our progressive government and Oblamea is killing off America, and doing a bang up of a job.