Discussion and debate over the National or State level political scenes. Please use individual community level forums for Local political discussion.
By paesano
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:Q: Barack Obama, what are your thoughts on the Declaration and Constitution?

A: You know, I think it's a remarkable document...

Q: Which one?

A: The original Constitution as well as the Civil War Amendments... but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture, the Colonial culture nascent at that time.

StinkyPete wrote
One of you guys explain the whole perfect/imperfect/amendments thing to me. I'm really struggling with that one. My head might explode soon.

Sp you need to ask the person (Obama) for this explanation, for he is the one who gave the answer to the questions to the quote from EITR. Please posts the answer when you find out, I also would like to know.
By Stinky Pete
I'm not asking why it's imperfect. I'm asking why it's perfect, yet needed (and probably will continue to need) amendments. Was it perfect before the amendments, is it perfect after, and how can both be true. I really hoped someone would have explained this while I was at work. I'm disappointed.
By paesano
Well disappointment is a part of life, But like I said before If you find a answer please post it.
By ElephantInTheRoom
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”..........“Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

President Obama
By paesano
Men are not flattered by being shown that there has been a difference of purpose between the Almighty and them

Abraham Lincoln