Discussion and debate over the National or State level political scenes. Please use individual community level forums for Local political discussion.
EITR:
I see where you're going now, but there's a difference. Terrorists, for example, represent a tiny percentage of Muslims, and their actions are outside the generally accepted beliefs of that religion, which is why we call them 'extremists'. The inquisition, the crusades, etc., up to the child molester cover-ups were done with the approval of the leadership of the church, and as such, represent that church as a whole.
Stinky Pete wrote:

EITR:
I see where you're going now, but there's a difference. Terrorists, for example, represent a tiny percentage of Muslims, and their actions are outside the generally accepted beliefs of that religion, which is why we call them 'extremists'.

Well now you found a common belief you and I both share.

The inquisition, the crusades, etc.,

You cannot mention the crusades without mentioning the Ottoman Empire.

up to the child molester cover-ups were done with the approval of the leadership of the church, and as such, represent that church as a whole.

breitak67 wrote:Any reasonable person who read BigGabber's post would understand that "all of them" meant the pedophile priests and the management organization that is alleged to be colluding to cover up the controversy. Your allegations of hatred are just more ridiculous, extremist, right-wing trolling.

Phaedrus wrote:The point was, in context, that people who make broad generalizations about a religion, in this case Islam, based on the actions of a few need to check their own glass houses.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=16736&p=333860&hilit=actions+of+a+few#p333860

Why is it that broad generalizations can be made about the Catholic church, and not Islam?
By DavidJeThy
I am sorry for off-topic, I'm thinking about making an enlightening web-site for college students. Will probably begin with publishing interesting facts like"Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system."Please let me know if you know where I can find some related facts such as right here

http://www.okam.cz/?p=2986
By Briandange
Attachments
107.gif
107.gif (2.1 KiB) Viewed 3 times