Discussion and debate over the National or State level political scenes. Please use individual community level forums for Local political discussion.
Yes, I know Republicans are embarrasssed who voted for McCain and Palin. Naturally they don't want to admit they made a horrible mistake about casting a vote for that Ticket, knowing that McCain, who was everybody's hero, had not bothered to check out the Governor from Wasilli(a town the size of Bridgeport) from a state with fewer people than Montgomery County, and one that didn't have a tax problem, received more federal grants than any other state in the Union, and could distribute its oil revenues annually to its residents. Which explains why the Palins got $22,500 as their share of the revenues in 2008. Was the Office of V.P. so unimportant?

Yes, I did misspell "Constitutionalists". :oops: And I'm no perfectionist.

I think that the "Tea Party People" are an assortment of folks, almost exclusively white, who have a lot of objections, but no real ideas to carry forward. They appear to be mostly the Ron Paul enthusiasts, but lacking the anti-neocon, anti-war, public concern that caused him to almost be drummed out of the G.O.P.

What I saw at last year's demonstration at the Alamo, that I would like to have avoided if we didn't have guests who wanted to see Texas's main attraction, was some people with signs that breeded hatred and violence and of course Glen Beck. He's a guy who really doesn't have a grip on what I believe the Declaration of Independance, the Constitution and its amendments means and the ideals which I believe are true. To me, they are as meaningful to me now as they were when I first read them 3/4 of a century ago. :) There were still Civil War vets walking around then, and some of their grandparents could have been at Valley Forge. Brandywine, and Trenton. 1776 really wasn't that long ago.

I liked one sign that really told me where some of the "Tea Party" people were coming from: "Let's back back to our Founding Father's Constitution and get rid of the Supreme Court". :oops:

Yeh! They really understand our government and the ideas those guys in Philly had in 1776-1786. Some of these people want to bring back Reagan Policies, like those that brought us triple the national debt in just 8 years, by far the greatest increase in indebtedness in our national history. :(

Some of the signs said, "Do away with paper money, Return to Gold and Silver coins!" Have they ever thought beyond the exclamation point? :shock:

I don't see any real compatibility between Ron Paul(Fiscal Conservative and impractical Idealist), The Tea Party(that has objections but no platform), the Neocons(Am Morgan, die Welt!), Palin (We all know what you are, now let's negotiate.) and the Republican Party (We've made our bed, we just can't sleep in it.).

So at this point, I don't see the Republican's with a story that the public will accept. They will have to find themselves before they win anything while tearing down everything.

Take at Look at Minority Leader Boehnor's answer to Medical Reform on his website, 217 pages of addendum to the Democrat's bill that calls for a mandate for the states to foot the costs and the administration, and they'll pay higher bonuses to those with the lowest costs. Come Alabama, Mississippi SC, Arkansas, come get yo money!.

You can criticize the Democrats for having a 2000 page bill, but at least it isn't a blatant fraud. :twisted:

Hasn't any Republican looked at the November 2009 Amendment and realized that is what it is? Yes, what the "R's in Congress lack is vision. :cry:

My answer is much simpler. I want EITR to pay for my medical coverage. :roll:

corrected spelling.
Last edited by WilDeA on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ElephantInTheRoom
WilDeA wrote:

"My answer is much simpler. I want EITR to pay for my medical coverage."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! I don't believe it! An honest statement from a Liberal!

It must be snowing in Hades. Maybe it's "Man Made Global Warming". Wonder if Phaedrus can tell us where the snow flakes and water vapor came from down there?

WilDeA, I need to add to your statement. Not only do you want ME to pay for your medical coverage; you want every other hard working, tax paying American with a job to pay for it also. Thanks for being honest.

Don't worry, you can depend on my generation of people to pay for your medical coverage after we are done bailing out the bankrupt, and unsustainable, Social Security System. Something you may remember being started by FDR, since you remember 3/4 of a century ago. Something I have the pleasure of paying into, but will probably never collect from. Reason being, it will be completely gone before I am old enough to collect from it.
By WilDeA
LIBERALS USUALLY TELL THE TRUTH BECAUSE TRUTH HAS VALUE TO THEM. So what's your excuse?

While you have a right to quote my statement,

YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO READ INTO IT WHAT YOU WANT OR ADD STATEMENTS WHICH EXPAND ON WHAT YOU THINK I MEAN.

Thems the rules baby!. READ EM AND WEAP
By ElephantInTheRoom
No, I have the right to rebut and refute anything you say. I have to remind you. You started this thread, and mentioned me at the end of your post. What did you expect? For me to sit back and be your doormat? What? You can dish it out all you want, but you can't take it when it's handed back to you? Let me tell you something!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

THEMS the rules baby! YOU read em and weep!
Last edited by ElephantInTheRoom on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ElephantInTheRoom
WilDeA wrote:

"(YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT)... TO READ INTO IT WHAT YOU WANT OR ADD STATEMENTS WHICH EXPAND ON WHAT YOU THINK I MEAN."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paraphrasing, in so many words. These are the same words and sentiment the British Crown once said to early American Colonists during the American Revolution.
By Phaedrus
Just to note that Texas also had an unrelenting heatwave this past summer, but WilDeA did not come on here and say that it was proof of global warming.
By WilDeA
EITR,

When you start extracting a phrase
"You do not have a right"
from a sentence and take it out of context where it had meaning and say that it is what happened in 1775, you have gone well over the line.

To have freedom of speech is to have responsibility and that freedom of speech is not limitless.

You don't seem to appreciate confining yourself to the rules of maintaining context and you have proved it again.
By ElephantInTheRoom
WilDeA wrote:

"To have freedom of speech is to have responsibility and that freedom of speech is not limitless.

You don't seem to appreciate confining yourself to the rules of maintaining context and you have proved it again."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic of this forum is "Political & Social Discussion" That is the type of discussion we are having. When speaking about "Politics and Social Discussion" in the United States, I have every right to rebut, refute, and challenge every last word of your statements.

In the context of "Political & Social Discussion"; the first amendment applies. I am not obligated to "confine myself" and my speech is not limited.
By ElephantInTheRoom
WilDeA wrote:

When you start extracting a phraseQuote:
"You do not have a right"
from a sentence and take it out of context where it had meaning and say that it is what happened in 1775, you have gone well over the line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got some nerve! Why don't you apply your own standards to yourself?? How about what you posted in another thread "The Al Gore Global Warming Hoax":

I wonder why the far right and the “Constitionalists” and the “Tea Party” are lily white? Could that be a link to their motives. Or is that kind of thinking the exclusive province of the “Lily White”.

You are going to stand here and talk about taking things "out of context" and "going well over the line"? Take a look in the mirror first! Pot, kettle, black!