By Phaedrus
You really think the Vietnam War was about freedom? Like we were defending a democratically elected government?

The rest of your post is pretty much incoherent paranoia.
By Boro Friend
Phaedrus wrote:You really think the Vietnam War was about freedom? Like we were defending a democratically elected government?

The rest of your post is pretty much incoherent paranoia.

You're pathetic ,but useful..
Last edited by Boro Friend on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By pinkie1978
I think Phae is sorta like Tchaikovsky. You know the "Pathetic Symphony."
By Phaedrus
That's a brilliant comeback, BF. :oops:

Vietnam has been under communist dictatorship for 36 years and I can't think of a single time during those years that it meant any difference in my life. But somehow you seem to think it was worth all those young American lives ended or forever changed for a bullsh*t ideal.
By Boro Friend
Why waste a brilliant comeback.You wouldn't know one if you read it anyway.. In 1975 The South surrendered to the North putting the whole country under 'Communist 'rule. Knowing the little I know about you I'm sure you are wondering what is wrong with that.That bullsh*t idea was freedom although it is no surprise you missed it. I don't think we should have been there myself. But the truth is right or wrong, once we took the mission we should have finished it even if it ment that there wasn't enough of the North left to hang on a shoe string when it was over.
By Phaedrus
A brilliant comeback? Before editing, your comeback was to call me "pathete"(sic). Relying on pinkie to correct your spelling is...

Like I said earlier, the war was not about freedom, but your last line says it all. Kill everyone to set them free. You are a maniac.
By norton
Phaedrus wrote:That's a brilliant comeback, BF. :oops:

Vietnam has been under communist dictatorship for 36 years and I can't think of a single time during those years that it meant any difference in my life. But somehow you seem to think it was worth all those young American lives ended or forever changed for a bullsh*t ideal.

----------------------
If given some thought; Virtually all wars since history written are started and perpetuated by no one but large, powerful governments. The common fisherman, tradesman, engineer, doctor, carpenter, or bricklayer just want to go about their business. It is the attack or take over by a powerful central government that is the cause of a war or conflict. This by the Communist, Nazi, Emperor or King. It is the "Powerful" in the position of governmental power that is the problem.
Governments must be kept under the reigns of a document like our Constitution and the will of the common people.