By Jake
Boro Friend wrote:I was talking about the govenment not being able to establish a State Religion.His post pretty well hit the nail on the head. See what I mean about the facts confusing the hell out of everyone.

What is your point? Fact is the Public schools are run on Fed,State and Local Taxes.
By paesano
Boro Friend wrote:I was talking about the govenment not being able to establish a State Religion.His post pretty well hit the nail on the head. See what I mean about the facts confusing the hell out of everyone.

LMAO.... :lol: I know.........
By norton
Jake wrote:Ok I get that some people think prayer should be ok in school. What prayer should be ok in school? Should it be what some want but not all want or should we have different prayers for different people? Maybe we can have different sectors and different groups in the schools and start a student religion war.
Is that what you far right want? :lol:

----------------------------------

Well Pal, This was not a problem or a question for the greatest part of this nation's existence and I can tell you with no hesitation that the moral fiber and basic character of the individual young person was far more substantial then what we are producing in these "enlightened" days.
I believe that individuals like yourself are "Willfully Ignorant" of the above truth.
-----------------------
In virtually every state, public office holders were required to affirm their belief in Biblical teachings. The Delaware Constitution prescribes this formal oath, "I do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, on God blessed forevermore; and I do acknowledge the Holy Scriptures in the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration." *

Maryland required an oath in the belief of the Christian religion for every state officer. *

In 1777, the Continental Congress ordered 22,000 Bibles to be distributed in this country, "so that the people would be well-supplied with the political textbook of this nation."
By Stinky Pete
norton wrote:"Separation of church and state is not in the Constitution."
The amendment in question was only to stop the government from establishing a certain religious denomination or group as being the "State Church".

You make no sense. This is exactly what you and BF want. You want Christianity (and more specifically YOUR version of Christianity, not mine) to be the state church. You want Christian prayers in school, Christian plaques on government buildings, and Christianity to influence government. I think BF quoted 80% as the percentage of Christians in the U.S. That leaves out roughly 60 million people. If you proposed including Muslim, Jewish, etc. prayers, plaques, values along with yours, I'm fine with that. But you want to squash everything but your beliefs.

What I think is that you and BF are worried that your beliefs can't survive on their own without government support. (They will.) You want less government, less government, but then you want the government to support and promote your religious beliefs. It's not a bad thing to acknowledge and respect that there are people in America who are different from you. That makes us stronger, not weaker.
By Jake
Stinky Pete wrote:
norton wrote:"Separation of church and state is not in the Constitution."
The amendment in question was only to stop the government from establishing a certain religious denomination or group as being the "State Church".

You make no sense. This is exactly what you and BF want. You want Christianity (and more specifically YOUR version of Christianity, not mine) to be the state church. You want Christian prayers in school, Christian plaques on government buildings, and Christianity to influence government. I think BF quoted 80% as the percentage of Christians in the U.S. That leaves out roughly 60 million people. If you proposed including Muslim, Jewish, etc. prayers, plaques, values along with yours, I'm fine with that. But you want to squash everything but your beliefs.

What I think is that you and BF are worried that your beliefs can't survive on their own without government support. (They will.) You want less government, less government, but then you want the government to support and promote your religious beliefs. It's not a bad thing to acknowledge and respect that there are people in America who are different from you. That makes us stronger, not weaker.

Sounds like they are just like the Muslim Extremist,but Christain
By norton
"the price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
By Stinky Pete
Vigilence against what? That's the $64,000 question. Vigilence against people who are different than you? More importantly, am I spelling vigilence wrong? It doesn't look right.
By norton
The only reason this nation has been so blessed, and it has been very blessed, is because of our respect for and following of the God of the Bible. Our laws, our principles, and yes even our culture was based on Christian principles. As this nation ignores and even abandons the God Who Is and His Word we will, as we currently are, loose this blessing and go the way of fallen cultures in the past.
Unfortunately there are vocal people like Pete who conveniently ignore this fact.