By JuneCarter
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:
JuneCarter wrote:Can I pretend to be Christine O'Donnell so we can banter?

Chris O'D response: So like, it's like TOTALLY okay, like I am into Wicca? Like in, um, Cutter v. Wilkinson, 544 U.S. 709 (2005).
Crap. I could have like totally used that one the other night. Like, *O.M.K.!!!

*O.M.K. = Oh My Krishna

June, what is this all about? Now all of the sudden you want to start some banter? Were you not the following person who made the following complaint?

"This forum is going down like the Hindenburg. The Don't Tread On Me crowd is stomping all over every thread anyone starts that doesn't have to do with politics.

To that crowd, did it ever occur to you that some folks just don't give two --censor-- about politics? I can see starting one or two threads and keeping them going but you guy(s) are spamming the board. Somebody needs to put the whammy on these posters, otherwise I don't think a lot of regular posters are gonna come back after this."

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16343&p=321760&hilit=politics+forum#p321760

So June, if your friend Stinky Pete wants to start up some political "stomping"; it's not "spamming the board"?

Also, how about you Jason747? Were you not the one who complained?

"Almost every thread is a right wing political topic."
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16334&hilit=national+politics

See, it's perfectly OK for the Aston clique (or should I say the "Grass Roots Petition Busy Bodies) to use this forum over the years for all the political spam they want. Until they get a good counter argument, then they get all bent out of shape.

Yes it was hypocritical of me to respond to a "political" thread, however, I don't consider Christine O'Donnell a politician. After all, she's me...or is it she's you.
By JuneCarter
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:
JuneCarter wrote:Can I pretend to be Christine O'Donnell so we can banter?

Chris O'D response: So like, it's like TOTALLY okay, like I am into Wicca? Like in, um, Cutter v. Wilkinson, 544 U.S. 709 (2005).
Crap. I could have like totally used that one the other night. Like, *O.M.K.!!!

*O.M.K. = Oh My Krishna

June, what is this all about? Now all of the sudden you want to start some banter? Were you not the following person who made the following complaint?

"This forum is going down like the Hindenburg. The Don't Tread On Me crowd is stomping all over every thread anyone starts that doesn't have to do with politics.

To that crowd, did it ever occur to you that some folks just don't give two --censor-- about politics? I can see starting one or two threads and keeping them going but you guy(s) are spamming the board. Somebody needs to put the whammy on these posters, otherwise I don't think a lot of regular posters are gonna come back after this."

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16343&p=321760&hilit=politics+forum#p321760

So June, if your friend Stinky Pete wants to start up some political "stomping"; it's not "spamming the board"?

Also, how about you Jason747? Were you not the one who complained?

"Almost every thread is a right wing political topic."
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16334&hilit=national+politics

See, it's perfectly OK for the Aston clique (or should I say the "Grass Roots Petition Busy Bodies) to use this forum over the years for all the political spam they want. Until they get a good counter argument, then they get all bent out of shape.

Yes it was hypocritical of me to respond to a "political" thread, however, I don't consider Christine O'Donnell a politician. After all, she's me...or is it she's you.
By ElephantInTheRoom
JuneCarter wrote:Yes it was hypocritical of me to respond to a "political" thread, however, I don't consider Christine O'Donnell a politician. After all, she's me...or is it she's you.

There is a better way to look at this question to put it in context. Is Christine O'Donnell you? Or is Mike Castle you?
By Boro Friend
norton wrote:"Separation of church and state is not in the Constitution."
The amendment in question was only to stop the government from establishing a certain religious denomination or group as being the "State Church". The reason for this was this was the norm in Europe at the time and this was a concern to Biblical Christians in this land. It never was construed as an outlawing of the Bible or God in the public sector only a protection of churches and Christians in the new land.
This amendment was never added to prohibit the Bible being read in public schools or having prayer offered in same place. We did both when I was in public elementary school.
-------------------------------------------------
"Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord"

Now Norton ,don't go throwing around the facts. . You will confuse the hell out of everyone.
By Jake
There is No ban on Prayer in school. There is a ban on forced prayer in school. Pray on your own time. There was prayer in school when I was young and I had no problem with it,then they changed it. I had no problem with that either.
By paesano
Jake wrote:There is No ban on Prayer in school. There is a ban on forced prayer in school. Pray on your own time. There was prayer in school when I was young and I had no problem with it,then they changed it. I had no problem with that either.

In connection with a lawsuit filed by the ACLU, a federal judge has issued preliminary injunction against any policy or practice that promotes prayer or religion in the Santa Rosa County School District. The ACLU has also requested documents concerning prayer from Escambia County Schools.

Read more
http://www.northescambia.com/?p=5961
By paesano
Boro Friend wrote:
norton wrote:"Separation of church and state is not in the Constitution."
The amendment in question was only to stop the government from establishing a certain religious denomination or group as being the "State Church". The reason for this was this was the norm in Europe at the time and this was a concern to Biblical Christians in this land. It never was construed as an outlawing of the Bible or God in the public sector only a protection of churches and Christians in the new land.
This amendment was never added to prohibit the Bible being read in public schools or having prayer offered in same place. We did both when I was in public elementary school.
-------------------------------------------------
"Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord"

Now Norton ,don't go throwing around the facts. . You will confuse the hell out of everyone.

Specially with the Moderates on this board! :P
By Jake
Ok I get that some people think prayer should be ok in school. What prayer should be ok in school? Should it be what some want but not all want or should we have different prayers for different people? Maybe we can have different sectors and different groups in the schools and start a student religion war.
Is that what you far right want? :lol:
By Boro Friend
I was talking about the govenment not being able to establish a State Religion.His post pretty well hit the nail on the head. See what I mean about the facts confusing the hell out of everyone.