By Stinky Pete
If BF is throwing out separation of church and state as not inspired by God and not something that should be part of the Constitution, can I throw out the right to bear arms? Let's just take all of history and make it the way we want it to be.

...and we can state as fact what people 200+ years ago were thinking, based on absolutely nothing.
By Boro Friend
Stinky Pete wrote:If BF is throwing out separation of church and state as not inspired by God and not something that should be part of the Constitution, can I throw out the right to bear arms? Let's just take all of history and make it the way we want it to be.

...and we can state as fact what people 200+ years ago were thinking, based on absolutely nothing.

I didn't throw anything out. I just refuse to distort the first amendment.As far as the right to bear arms, all I can say is they can always try to come and get them.
By paesano
During this time of the year when America’s independence from a king is celebrated, can we think of a few ways in which the Christian, who knows no nationality, is dependent upon the King of kings? How about our physical sustenance? The air that we breathe, the food that we eat, and the water that we drink. Even in today’s society, where religion is regularly mocked, many still say a prayer of thanks prior to eating a meal at home. And while the prayer itself may at times seem rote, the fact that many do still take the time to ask a blessing upon a meal does show an acknowledgement of our dependence upon God as our Provider and as the One who can actually bless the meal.

We also depend upon God for our protection and overall well-being. He loves us, cares for us, and wants us to be successful in all of our endeavors. Like a caring parent who nurtures an infant, so too does our Father in heaven nurture us. He does so through His Word, the Bible, and through his servants, His ministers. Reading the Bible is highly beneficial since every scripture that is inspired of God is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction which is in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). This goes hand-in-hand with listening to God’s Word expounded through the preaching of God’s faithful ministry (Romans 10:14-15).
By JuneCarter
"Revealed religion has no weight with me."
[Benjamin Franklin]

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
[Benjamin Franklin, in _Toward The Mystery_]

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."
[Benjamin Franklin]

“Religions are all alike -- founded upon fables and mythologies”
Thomas Jefferson quotes

“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the Christian religion”
John Adams

“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it”
John Adams quote

Every man, conducting himself as a good citizen, and being accountable to God alone for his religious opinions, ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience.
-- George Washington,

If they are good workmen, they may be of Asia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mohometans, Jews or Christians of any Sect, or they may be Atheists.
-- George Washington,

"I know that Gouverneur Morris, who claimed to be in his secrets, and believed himself to be so, has often told me that General Washington believed no more in that system [Christianity] than he did."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Ecclesiastical establishments tend to great ignorance and corruption, all of which facilitate the execution of mischievous projects. [James Madison, letter to William Bradford, Jr., Jauary 1774]

...Freedom arises from the multiplicity of sects, which prevades America and which is the best and only security for religious liberty in any society. For where there is such a variety of sects, there cannot be a majority of any one sect to oppress and persecute the rest. [James Madison, spoken at the Virginia convention on ratifying the Constitution, June 1778]

This is getting tedious and frankly, like shooting fish in a barrel.
By JuneCarter
Boro Friend wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:If BF is throwing out separation of church and state as not inspired by God and not something that should be part of the Constitution, can I throw out the right to bear arms? Let's just take all of history and make it the way we want it to be.

I didn't throw anything out. I just refuse to distort the first amendment.As far as the right to bear arms, all I can say is they can always try to come and get them.

I'm with you on that one B.F.
By norton
John Adams:
“ The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principals of Christianity… I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.”
• “[July 4th] ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”
–John Adams in a letter written to Abigail on the day the Declaration was approved by Congress

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --October 11, 1798
-----------------
The highlighted area above is the main reason this nation is going down the tubes. There has been and continues to be an undermining of the the Christian concepts and principles that made and KEPT this nation safe and great.
----
I often think of the efforts and desire of German soldiers as WW2 was winding down to ensure they were captured by Americans. Often these German soldiers would march great distances just to keep from being taken by the Atheistic Communist Russians. Why? Simply the Christian ethic that permeated our society and culture ensured a safer response and treatment.
By Stinky Pete
norton wrote:"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --October 11, 1798
-----------------
The highlighted area above is the main reason this nation is going down the tubes. There has been and continues to be an undermining of the the Christian concepts and principles that made and KEPT this nation safe and great.

Nowhere in that quote is the word "Christian". I know non-Christians who are both religious and moral.
By pd parent
Thank you Christine O'Donnell for the laughs these past few weeks!!! And she continues to give.........on tonight's news she claims to have gone up 10 points in the polls! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And I hear Sarah Palin is comin' to town to support this loon!!! :lol: :lol:

PS to June....Even COD admits the "I am not a witch" commercial was a mistake!!! TOLD YOU!!!! :twisted: :P