By Boro Friend
A new Rasmussen pole finds that a write in campagin for Castle in Delaware would hurt Coons more then O'Donnel. Castle could pick up 5 % with another 5 % undecided. Most of the votes would come from the Coons . He leads her by 9 %. Given what is at stake over all, I say run Castle run.
By Stinky Pete
Boro Friend wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:
FreeBird wrote:No, actually keeping jobs in the US does not require more government but quite the opposite. If everyone did what they were good at and if free market allowed this to happen, products would be at their cheapest for everyone. The USA might not be the cheapest at everything in the world, but it would all equal out and the entire world would benefit in the end. Including the USA. It is the government regulation and tariffs, etc that keep the prices high.

The reason jobs go overseas and manufacturing goes overseas is because we can't compete with dirt cheap labor costs in other countries. In an absolute free market, nothing would be made in the U.S., until our standard of living dropped so far that we could compete on costs with the likes of China and India.

Sounds like the redistrubuting of wealth to me. Is that what America really wants?

You could argue that my economics is flawed, but if we allow total free market capitalism, this is what I think would happen. We see it already, don't we? Cars may be 'assembled' in the U.S., but most of the work is done elsewhere. We don't manufacture much else. I worry every day about my job as a software developer going overseas, as do many others. If everything is allowed to be at its most efficient, that's the end result, IMO. Unless there is government intervention to prevent it, I think our standard of living continues to decline. This is what the right wing with their smaller government and more free market capitalism is trying to take us toward.
By paesano
Most of the people that align themselves with the Tea Party movement are not qualified to produce a national budget. They are parents and grandparents. Laborers and salespersons. A few may be tax attorneys and CPA’s, but the main drive of the Tea Party is to provide direction. It is the job of those leading or running to lead the country to tell the Tea Party what you plan to do. The Tea Party exists only to tell these leaders and wannabe leaders the result they are looking for.
By paesano
Details and specifics are for the leaders to decide. The only specifics we are hearing from Democrats and Obama is more spending and larger government will solve the problems. And they commit generational theft of the wealth of our children and grandchildren, which is something each and every Tea Party follower finds completely abhorrent.

When we walk into a dealership to buy a car, it is sufficient to tell the salesman we want a car that is durable, fuel efficient and very low maintenance. We are not expected to design the engine, which is what Obama is asking the Tea Party to do.

What part of smaller government, lower taxes and less spending does he not grasp? :wink:
By Stinky Pete
paesano wrote:We are not expected to design the engine, which is what Obama is asking the Tea Party to do.

What part of smaller government, lower taxes and less spending does he not grasp? :wink:

Somebody has to design the engine. Who's gonna do it? Sarah Palin? She goes to a full service station because she doesn't know where the gas goes.
By paesano
Stinky Pete wrote:
paesano wrote:We are not expected to design the engine, which is what Obama is asking the Tea Party to do.

Somebody has to design the engine. Who's gonna do it? Sarah Palin? She goes to a full service station because she doesn't know where the gas goes.

You are right! Cause Obama can't start the engine! The American people are now waking up!
By BigGabber
So is it true that members of the Tea Party are trying to get a law saying they wanna have some kind of outlaw for masterbation? Said tea party people believe it's cheating on your spouse? I laughed liked hell when I heard this today. I heard a lot of funny stuff today about the Tea Party and their beliefs. Post some real websites that show their belief and value systems.
By paesano
So, it appears that we have had an over-correction instead of simply fixing the problems. We have seen that when the Democrats take control of the Federal Government, they have this uncontrollable urge to completely and fundamentally remake things in their own image. What creeps into every single piece of legislation slammed through Congress is the undeniable intent to control every aspect of everyone’s life. How else could a Government takeover of Student Loans end up in a Health Care Reform Bill?

His bullying and offenses against the economy and job creation are so outrageous that CEOs in the Business Roundtable finally mustered the courage to call him “anti-business.” Veteran Democrat Sen. Max Baucus blurted out that Obama is engineering the biggest government-forced “redistribution of income” in history.

Change will be coming in 30 Days!