By Boro Friend
Stinky Pete wrote:I think there a lot of assumptions being made about what the founders had in mind.

So you would have us beleive that the founders wanted us to become the nanny state that we have slowly become over the last 70 of our 235 year history? Or did we' progess'' towards that long after the founders were gone?
By Jason747
The Tea Party must have been the brain child of the Democrats. They are going to win some races they had no hope for before the Tea folks got involved.
By 50 plus
Stinky Pete wrote:I think there a lot of assumptions being made about what the founders had in mind.

How true. To those who seems to keep referring to the founding fathers, I often wonder if Jefferson, Adams and the like were here today how they'd feel about the US. Keep in mind there were 13 colonies only and basically the country was still wild. The only places like that now may be the Dakotas and Wyoming. Vastly different than the way those 13 colonies are today. Do you really think they could have even imagined how guns would be used today, not for just self protection or food? That's only one aspect. They never considered having cars, super highways, bridges across rivers, computers and the size of our population. I do think they would be for some controls if those sacred documents were drafted today.