By Phaedrus
Stinky Pete wrote:
JuneCarter wrote:You're not going to get a lot of people to go to your restaurant by knocking Gennaro's.

On the other hand, if people are comparing your restaurant to Gennaro's, I'm not going to it either.

Zing!
pinkie1978 wrote:
lilly212 wrote:HOLD ON NOW..... We have to support our local businesses like genneros which does have great food BUT if your in the mood for a change italianos is a great switch. Good, fresh food with a smile but i will always support our local businesses.

I go where it is good. Simple.

I tend to agree with Pinkie. I know I am going to catch it from both sides on this. However, I don't understand why I am supposed to eat at a restaurant just because it is local, and nothing more. I know this is the politically correct thing to do, but I don't agree. Doesn't quality and service matter? So I am supposed to frequent an inferior restaurant, over a place far better, just because the inferior one is local? I don't think so! The owners of these establishments have to give me a reason to go in. Like the food and service is so incredible, I must return.

This is why I admire Chef Gordon Ramsay. He calls it like it is.

For example, as far as restaurants go. My girlfriend and I go to New Hope, PA when we want a mini vacation. This past february, we ate at a place called "Marsha Brown" in New Hope. This place was one of the most incredible restaurants I ever had a meal. I cannot forget how well prepared our dinner, and service was. Not to mention, this is one classy place! Even though it's 60 miles away, I will return! That's what I am talking about!

If ever in New Hope, Marsha Brown is a must! The creole style mussels I highly recommend. NEVER had mussels anywhere that compare.
http://www.marshabrownrestaurant.com/
By pinkie1978
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:Italianos of Marcus Hook is Zagat rated:

http://www.zagat.com/Verticals/Property ... 8&R=141739

Never been to this place. Never heard of it until now. Now I am very curious. Wonderful capitalism!

Thanks for the link. Perhaps you just might catch me there.