By Spring7012
At this month's council meeting, Doug Bull confirmed he will be doing an aluminum can pick up to help offset the cost of this year's community day. Dates and times for pickups will be advertised in the borough newsletter and on the borough website - and possibly the Delco Times -so please save your cans!
By ElephantInTheRoom
I also suggested after the council meeting that every person in town simply reach into their pockets and donate $5 to Community Day.

It's that simple! There is about 2500 residents in Parkside. If we had as few as 500 people donate $5/each; we have $2500.

I am betting $2500 would cover most of the cost of Community Day. I don't think that the cost of a pack of cigarettes, or lunch at McDonalds would break anyones budget. We also wouldn't have to go through the rigmarole of fund raising.

Sound like a plan?
Last edited by ElephantInTheRoom on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ElephantInTheRoom
Everybody please donate to Parkfest 2010 :D

Mail donations to: Parkside Borough Hall
22 E. Elbon Rd.
Parkside, PA 19015

Parkside Community Day is being organized by Council member Jackie-File Barlow.

If every resident in town donated $5 (or more), there would be plenty of funds! If as few as 500 residents donated $5, we have $2500. I know I am repeating the simple math, but this money should not be very hard to raise.