By c_yatsuk
Allow me to correct myself... If the individual is deemed sexually violent, those who live or work within 250ft of the violators residence OR the 25 immediate residences and places of employment in the proximity of the violator's residence; whichever is greater. Notices are also given to:

- The director of the county children and youth service agency of the county where the predator or offender resides;
- The superintendent of each school district and the equivalent official for private and parochial schools enrolling students up through grade 12 in the municipality where the predator or offender resides;
- The superintendent of each school district and the equivalent official for private and parochial schools located within a one-mile radius of where the predator or offender resides;
- The licensee of each certified day care center and licensed preschool program and owner/operator of each registered family day care home in the municipality where the predator or offender resides; and
- The president of each college, university and community college located within 1,000 feet of a predator's or offender's residence.
By ElephantInTheRoom
I personally feel there could not be a more serious issue than this in any given community.

So Mrs. Burke, it outrages me when you attempt to downplay the seriousness of this problem. It outrages me when you suggest the community should not be concerned when certain parents shirk their responsibilties, and allow their very young children to walk to school alone without competent adult supervision.

You hold the whole leadership of the community responsible for something that should be the responsibilty of the parents FIRST! You blame the Town Council. You blame Chief Egan. You blame the Crossing Guards. All for the safety of the children. Yet, not one time! Not one peep! Do you hold the parents of these children accountable! It is reasonable to expect parents to take ownership of their own children's safety FIRST! However, you won't do that. The only thing you are concerned with is a vindictive vendetta against Chief Egan and the Town Council.

I copied your own words from another thread:

"Unless you take your children to school you have no clue what happens at the corner. And yes, Kindergarten children walk to school alone. I have personally crossed children to and from school. You do not have first hand experience with this issue. It has been a longstanding issue ever since I have lived here."

Unlike you Mrs. Burke, I will provide the date, time, and thread in this forum so the public can go back and read the full text and see the full context. Not twist words like you often like to do. Not quote people without providing a hard public record to back up the quote. You posted the above quote in the thread titled "Observation" on Friday, Aug. 7 2009, at 7:43am.

Bill Cropper
Parkside, PA
By welshwitch63
Mr Cropper what's your point?

I have asked you three times how are you going to enforce parents take their children to and from school? You have yet to answer me. You can preach all you want but how are you going to do this and moreover, what does this have to do with Megan's Law?

Whether parents take their chidren to school or not is beyond my control. Maybe you could become the Parent Czar for the Boro?

Now if Chief Egan and Council did their jobs and ensured their was crossing guard coverage, and if Penn Delco and the Boro stop passing the buck we would not have an issue. It is their responsibility to provide coverage. Period. Their excuses and your justification do not hold water.

I stand behind my quote and again what's your point? Maybe because I am not passing judgement like you on the other parents? You do not have any first hand experience with this issue and will blindly support our council without providing any hard evidence of their great and awesome tenure.
By ElephantInTheRoom
Mrs Burke,

Here is the larger question.

Are you telling me and everybody else in this town, that there are children who have parents, who do not take steps to ensure the safety of their children on the way to school?

Are you telling me, and everybody else in this town, that the safety of the children starts with Chief Egan first, and not the parents at home?

Bill Cropper
Parkside, PA
By parkside
Bill as all the folks can see with there own two eyes, that Ms. Burke always is bending, flip flopping, and twisting words around!
She quoted me wrong in a thread, and twisted the words around. She has yet to answer my question...........THE TRUTH HURTS Ms. Burke?
By Sandbagger
By welshwitch63
MR Cropper, I think I am being quite clear. There are children who walk to and from school unsupervised. There are parents who work. How are you personally going to enforce that all students of Parkside Elementary arrive to and from school safely? Oh that's right, you want to blame the parents, too bad for the children.

I nominate you for the Parent Czar. I am saying AGAIN It is the Chief's job to provide crossing guard coverage, he makes the schedule, they report to him. It is the Chief's job to find substitues when their is an outage. This is not rocket science. The Chief reports to the Mayor, the Mayor is part of Council. If their are no substitutes available then as unpleasant as it may be the Chief Himself has to cover .

The Boro and The school district continually pass the buck when there is an outage. There will be children walking to and from school alone and a crossing guard should be there as agreed upon between the school district and the Boro. Plain. Simple.
Maybe , Mr Cropper you agree with the Chief that a kindergarten child is capable of crossing the street alone since they should be taught to cross the street safely and there will not always be crossing guards in life.
By newbee
why don't you "Volunteer" Mrs. Burke to help with the school crossing issue, that way you wouldn't have anything to complain about on that subject. Actually I will venture to guess you are a stay at home Mother as you have never indicated that you work outside of the home. You certainly would have time to do that, barring of course that you stay off this site more often. You refused to volunteer to beautify the avenue, so how about volunteering with the school crossing? gee, you could actually contact the Chief, via phone or in person and talk to an adult on a one to one basis. Doing something positive is not a bad thing. Food for thought: Those that complain the loudest do the least......volunteer somewhere to help our community is worthwhile in the long run.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz on folks