By Ptlm. Marchesi
getreal wrote:Man, you people are retards. So lets put this Marchesi guy in as Chief because he helped some people with dogs and crosses kids on the street. How about knowing the ropes of the job. Knowing how to handle a budget. Knowing the laws of the land. Handling shifts and other officers, (which I hear he is not liked by many) and being a good administrator and so on. If the residents of Parkside want this guy as a Chief because he is SO NICE, then Parkside is in more trouble than you think.

GetReal,

I am glad to see that you are exercising your First Amendment right here on goparkside.com. I do, however want to point out one thing; your comment or post about me contradicts your previous post where you talk about accusations or word of mouth statements. Please let me refresh your memory:
getreal wrote:However, using this type of forum to blast a persons reputation, without the backing of PROOF and just word of mouth of other people is wrong, embarassing and pretty low. Hopefully this does not happen to you.

However, I am not upset since I accept both positive as well as negative criticism, especially since I work in a public service position. I have come to learn that you cannot make everyone happy; all I can do is try.

Now to address your post:

Aside from speaking up and defending Council President Deitman against unjust comments within this thread, I have sat back and watched as things unfold with the issues at hand and I have tried my best not to get involved. However, I will not sit back and let someone like you, who knows nothing about me, make the comments that you have without me replying.

Now, since you brought my character and experience into question, the following is just a little bit about me.

For your information I started my career 24 years ago in 1984 while serving my Country as a Military Police Officer in the U.S. Army. I made my first DUI and Drug arrest in early 1985 and continue to be proactive to this day. While in the Military, I was acting sergeant with a squad of MPs who patrolled one of our Nation’s military posts. After leaving the Military, I continued my law enforcement career both in the private and public sectors and held supervisory or management positions. Prior to working full time for Parkside, I was a supervisor for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security where I supervised 20 to 40 Officers at any given time and at one point was the Officer in Charge over three other supervisors and their officers. So, needless to say, I have administrative experience, or "handling shifts and other officers” as you put it. As far as the budget, I know how to do that too. Just this year I created a payroll spreadsheet for the police department that not only tracks an officer’s hours, but keeps track of how much money is being spent each pay period.

As for “knowing the ropes”, I have made well over a 100 arrests while working at Parkside; 29 DUI arrests last year alone, as well as a few for narcotics and robbery. Over the last 24 years I have seen my share of dead and injured victims and have helped those in need. So, needless to say I know a little bit about police work, leadership, and what it is to serve your fellow man.

As far as the people not liking me, well I can not worry about that since I know the number of people who do like me outweighs the number of people who do not. You can not sweat the small stuff as my Mom used to say.

On the other hand, if people do not like me and I have no experience and do not know the ropes, why is it that other officers that I have trained or have come to know over the years still call me for advice, or ask how to handle situations? I guess I cannot be all that bad, huh?
Also, if you want to pass judgment on me based on what others say, do me a favor and at least talk to "real cops" who actually know me and who's opinions count for something, instead of those who show up to work just to get a paycheck and nothing else.

As for the crossing of the children and helping people with their dogs, that is a very small part of who I am. So, if you have issues with me please have the fortitude to put your name on a post, or better yet, stop by and talk. I am a nice guy once you get to know me, and I will take the time to help you or anyone with anything you may need. All you have to do is ask.

Take care,
Mark

Sorry for the edit, I saw a typo.
Last edited by Ptlm. Marchesi on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sandbagger
rukiddingme wrote:WHO CARES!!!!!!!

About what?
By pd parent
getreal wrote:Man, you people are retards.

First and foremost, your choice of vocabulary is immature and unneccessary. Please appreciate this forum for what it is, an opportunity to vent concerns, gather information and hopefully find ways to improve Parkside (if and where needed), make new friends, participate in interesting conversation and above all, have fun.

With that said, Off Marchesi, as he stated, is always more than willing to listen to both sides of the argument and I have found that he will put value in your position when warranted. I think I can guarantee that if you approach him with an issue in an adult, level-headed manner, he will go out of his way to address your concerns.

Personally, I am glad he works for PPD. I no longer have little ones going to elementary school, but I do travel in front of the school almost daily during school hours and I greatly appreciate his help and his concern. Too many people are part of the problem and not part of the solution.
By Sandbagger
pd parent wrote:
getreal wrote:Man, you people are retards.

First and foremost, your choice of vocabulary is immature and unneccessary. Please appreciate this forum for what it is, an opportunity to vent concerns, gather information and hopefully find ways to improve Parkside (if and where needed), make new friends, participate in interesting conversation and above all, have fun.

With that said, Off Marchesi, as he stated, is always more than willing to listen to both sides of the argument and I have found that he will put value in your position when warranted. I think I can guarantee that if you approach him with an issue in an adult, level-headed manner, he will go out of his way to address your concerns.

Personally, I am glad he works for PPD. I no longer have little ones going to elementary school, but I do travel in front of the school almost daily during school hours and I greatly appreciate his help and his concern. Too many people are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Petey, make sure you watch driving through the school zone. Not EVERYBODY does. Image
By Sandbagger
rukiddingme wrote:that was for getreal

Thanks for the clarification.
This thread doesn't make sense to me because if any of thi s is true why haven't they fired the cheif already? I don't keep that current with who is in power of the borough right now but woudn't they at least suspend him. Does Committee man Dietmann want to have his name associated with a guy like this expecially when he is running for a higher position in the government? I really would like to know if my tax dollars are paying for an employee of the borough to get away with stuff like this. You would think it woujld have been in the paper by now. We mine as well vote the police chief in as the next vice president sicne he is a small town politics guy with no experience.