By norton
Different, ah, ah, president, so different, , , response?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQlCmEjw4R0
By pinkie1978
Great video! Where are all the lefties. Silence is so golden.

That is why I love Rush. Speaks out. No frills.

I think that is why I like The Donald.
By Phaedrus
It's BS. Both Liberals and Conservatives supported the Afghan war and, initially, the Iraq war. Where we parted company was in finding out the Iraq war was fought under false pretenses, but even then it was only the real peaceniks who were totally against the war and wanted to end it immediately.

You guys just listen to Rush and his caricature of liberal positions. You don't actually follow any liberal media so you don't actually know what is being said. Otherwise you would know there are liberals against the Libyan war. At least they are consistent, unlike the Republican contenders who all switched positions when they saw which way Obama was going.

By the way Pinkie, you have always been against the wars. Does that make you a liberal?
By pinkie1978
Phaedrus wrote:It's BS. Both Liberals and Conservatives supported the Afghan war and, initially, the Iraq war. Where we parted company was in finding out the Iraq war was fought under false pretenses, but even then it was only the real peaceniks who were totally against the war and wanted to end it immediately.

You guys just listen to Rush and his caricature of liberal positions. You don't actually follow any liberal media so you don't actually know what is being said. Otherwise you would know there are liberals against the Libyan war. At least they are consistent, unlike the Republican contenders who all switched positions when they saw which way Obama was going.

By the way Pinkie, you have always been against the wars. Does that make you a liberal?

Why is there no protesting? huummmm because he is a democrat.
At least W went to congress
By Phaedrus
Bush went to Congress and lied and bypassed the UN. But if you think liberals give Democrats a pass, you should look up the second term of LBJ. Hint: He didn't have one.

By the way, it's stupid to think demonstrations are going to happen within a week and it's stupid to think that liberals don't support Obama on this because it is the right thing to do. The real politics are being played by certain Republicans who contradicted themselves in order to be against Obama.

I will give you credit for being consistent in your isolationism, but where does Norton actually stand. He always likes to talk about his principles, but this post is just pure political posturing, i.e. taking an opportunistic position.
By Turnpike
Bush went to congress on the foot work of a failed CIA investigation. The CIA's hands were tied during the 90's and rules of engagement were change around 1994. This hindered the CIA's foot hold in the region. There was no other investigative reports other than the faulty one. The problem lies also with the UN and NATO. If we have a problem with a country committing an act of war, we need not consult with anyone other then our own government, then take care of business.
By Phaedrus
Not true. The Bush administration pressured the CIA to give it the intel spin that it needed. As for your last line, that is the profile of an imperialist empire. I'm sure the founders would be proud of you.
By pinkie1978
Phaedrus wrote:Not true. The Bush administration pressured the CIA to give it the intel spin that it needed. As for your last line, that is the profile of an imperialist empire. I'm sure the founders would be proud of you.

The spin was made during Clinton.
By Phaedrus
Yellow cake uranium, aluminum tubes, non-existent Al-Queda links. Nope, all Bush. CIA staff have testified that they were pressured by the Bush administration.