"Parents trust dropping their kids off at the dances because it was so well supervised by the town watch people, opposed to dropping them off at CN or iceworks with no supervision." Quote from above.

Well I guess you have never been inside of Iceworks to see how much security there is
during one of the dances. Get your facts right before you shoot your mouth off.
Happygolucky are you for real? During the summer I rode past the fields here in Brookhaven and I do not see one kid out there playing not one. with 9 ball fields in Brookhaven and not one kid playing ball. Now lets go back 20 or 30 years there would be kids playing ball at least on one of the fields because I used to sit and watch them play. So when you complain about nothing to do for kids tell your kids to put down the wii or what ever else they do on the computer and tell them go out make friends and play. Go fishing build a fort go hiking ride bikes. Go up to giant and pathmark and help seniors with their bags and maybe get 50 cents. play army, play cops and robbers, build a ramp in the drive way and skate board. play stick ball, hand ball go to the mall and hang out and hit a movie.Sorry 11 fields! get the friends together and have a camp out in someone's back yard. Join the Boy scouts.play in the woods. There is a lot to do just have to have an imagination. That is lacking now of days.
You took what I said ALL wrong. during the softball season, my childs team was lucky to get one practice in every other week because all the softball fields were being used for either games or practices by other teams - We were not allowed to use baseball fields to practice, just as hard balls are not allowed in Sampson park for boys to play ball. During the summer, yes they are open because its NOT softball/baseball season. And I didnt think a group of people are allowed to use the field across from giant with out getting a permit- its private property. I was not aware that I could send my kids up to that field to have a ball game. So thank you, now that I know, I'll be sure to let every kid in the neighborhood know that that field is open to play ball on all summer. My kids personally, spend most of the summer at camps, so they ARE kept busy being kids outside. FYI I don't even own a wii!
My complaint was that DURING the baseball/softball season, there are not enough fields for all teams to get practices in and my other complaint was that a lot of kids were leaving Brookhaven to go to Aston athletics because they have a soccer league because they have fields their, they have a volley ball league, lacrosse league, football. Brookhaven does not have enough fields during the seasons to fit all these leagues in. That was my point about wanting more fields built in brookhaven and more sport leagues. After all, I thought the point was to make Brookhaven more desirable and bring a younger generation here because so many people complain that this is an old persons town. Coming from a young parent with small kids, this is what a lot of us want, organized activities that we can have our kids involved in because its NOT safe to let our kids go run the neighborhood any more playing cops and robbers, go fishing down the creek or go hiking in the woods.

And if you really want to get real as you put it. YOU want me to send a bunch of preteen kids up to a mall unsupervised to hang out in TODAYS world? Really? not to mention malls dont let kids loiter around the mall for all hours, they kick them out. Its not like it was 25yrs ago when we got dropped off at Granite run to hang around Alladins Castle for 4hrs.

If no one had an answer to my petition question, they should have just let it go, not bash every post (opinion) that they do not agree with.
Heard today that anybody can come into Brookhaven and open a bar and not only one but 2. The Borough can say no but the business bar can petition the state and the state can say yes and guess what? Brookhaven has a Bar now this is what their not telling us and I hear that someone in the Borough hall is one who is going to open a bar. Residents be careful. Little tid bits are coming out.