By stinger
Now that the Republicans have control of council, in January, maybe we can get something done about
a restaurant with alcohol in the town. It won't ruin the town. Either do that or move the DUI
check point to another town that sells booze.
By Boro Friend
If they turn out to be as bad as the last batch of Republicans we had in this town, they wii be hitting the pavement pretty quick.
By Boro Friend
I don't know, I just remember it was a real mess.It had me voting local Dem ever since and they done a pretty decent job. I think it will a tough act to follow. We will see..
By Boro Friend
I thought it was about half of that time but I remember it like it was yesterday. They still have some pretty big shoes to fill. Got to give them a chance, but we'll see.
By Boro Friend
A quick follow up here. I ran into a Dem. offical at the mall before Christmas and asked him what happened in this election. He said that the Dem. vote was flat. I asked what that means and he said the base was absent on election day and did not come out to vote.. And he then went on about the 55 and older facility on Brookhaven road coming out and voting in a block because of some kind of dispute with the Council over building issues.. If the Dem. voters came out the damage would not have been as bad.He didn't know why the regular Dem. voters where not voting. I wonder now since talking to him if people where fed up on a national level. But that really is a very different thing. A few of my neighbors really couldn't figure it out either. A fender bender on the street got some of us out talking.Given how well things where going in the Borough I think some of us was a little suprised at the outcome.We wait in anticipation to what ever changes come our way.The bar seems to be set pretty high.
By guy19015
Mr./Mrs Stinger it is quite obvious you have not been following this issue on here over the years. It was explained on a way back when posting that for Brookhaven to get a restaurant with alcohol many conditions would need to be addressed per the Liquor Control Board and state location requirements and restrictions. The democrats tried and could not meet them. I believe that the republicans will have the same problems. The local republicans are not the answer all too every problem, many of which were addressed by the outgoing democrats and the problems they faced will be the problems the new republicans will face. If in a couple of years they show me I was wrong then I will admit I was wrong but I don't think it will be so. No matter what party is in control they all face the same major problems ending with the same resolutions. All any leader can do is the best job possible for everyone. Just my opinion.
By boxofrainman
Guy19015 I hate to say this but your wrong.. I did ask and the Dems never looked into or brought it up at a council meeting about a liquor license or did they ask to put it on the Ballot. You can ask anyone one up at the Borough on that. What I found out is that it has to go on the Ballot and if approved by the people than the state will grant the Borough a license.