All the tennis players, both men and women, who have to scream like they're giving birth every freaking time they hit the ball, should be penalized or fined. I don't understand how this became a thing in tennis. Baseball pitchers throw the ball 100 mph without screaming. Golfers drive the ball 300 yards without screaming. NFL kickers can kick 50 yard field goals without screaming. Hockey players take 100+ mph slapshots without screaming. Why do tennis players have to scream? I just don't get it.
Weight lifters and martial arts people do it. Many health clubs have rules against grunting. In tennis I blame Monica Seles for going crazy with it, but it is a quiet sport in an amphitheater which makes it more obvious.
They say it makes you stronger, hit faster shots, etc. but what started out as a grunt became a scream. Think of it as that little noise you make before climax. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My favorite, historically speaking: Gabriela Sabatini. Strongly in favor of grunty, female tennis players here, though I can't watch women's tennis with my wife anymore. It's kind of like listening to Duran Duran's Hungry Like the Wolf.