User avatar
By Phaedrus
#489112
AFC wrote:Rasmussen's got him at 46%. Guess it's all in who you want to believe.


The variance is due to the difference of likely voters vs general population. The choice of which to quote is partisan, since they can both be accurate and don't require a leap of faith.
By AFC
#489113
Phaedrus wrote:
The score is 4-1, not 5-0 as Trump says, but please show me all these predictions.

As for Obamacare, yes it took 10 months from the time Obama took office, starting from scratch, but the Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a plan.


Maybe you weren't paying attention to the news? It's all I heard, how this will be a referendum on Trumps presidency. And after each loss, they would downplay to and move on to hype the next one, which they would then lose.

I do have to give them some credit, though. Even though the lost them all, they keep telling themselves how it was still a victory. Kind of sad, but that's the democrat party there days: sad.

It was 14 months, but what I hear you saying is that because the repubs are taking their time, debating the bill amongst their own party, that's embarrassing. I would argue it's working as it should. Personally, I would take government out of it altogether.

But, you were onboard with the dems rushing through a bill that has come apart, as predicted, so much so that now even their own members are beginning to admit it. I guess 7 years later is better than never.
By AFC
#489114
Phaedrus wrote:
AFC wrote:Rasmussen's got him at 46%. Guess it's all in who you want to believe.


The variance is due to the difference of likely voters vs general population. The choice of which to quote is partisan, since they can both be accurate and don't require a leap of faith.


Keep telling yourself that. Problem is, your trusted sources missed a large chunk of the population that had had enough of liberal stupidity.
And they continue to miss it.
By AFC
#489115
Stinky Pete wrote:Again, my point isn't how long it takes to come up with a plan. Just stop setting ridiculous dates and then not meeting them. You look like idiots every time.


And my point is, both parties shoot from the hip, make promises and predictions and don't deliver.

However, but the nature of their ideology, which is to interfere in everyone's life, democrats usually leave big messes to clean up.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#489116
There is no shame in failing. It only proves that they are not giving up nor giving in. I see it as they are at least setting goals. What are the goals of Schumer and Pelosi? Do they have anything to add other than "My way or the highway and we can talk, People will die, If you say it's not a repeal we can work together" Who the hail cares what it is called?
Did anyone ever think they want to drag this out until closer to elections and then pass the bill?
Until they get artificial life care pricing under control, healthcare in the US is unsustainable no matter who or when new bills are passed.
User avatar
By astontibs
#489117
They should let Obamacare play out (In my opinion fail) until the Dem's have to come to the table and in the meantime focus on taxes and other issues.
User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#489119
astontibs wrote:They should let Obamacare play out (In my opinion fail) until the Dem's have to come to the table and in the meantime focus on taxes and other issues.


It depends on the definition of "play out". If you cut the funding that it needs, is that letting it play out?
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#489120
AFC wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:
AFC wrote:Rasmussen's got him at 46%. Guess it's all in who you want to believe.


The variance is due to the difference of likely voters vs general population. The choice of which to quote is partisan, since they can both be accurate and don't require a leap of faith.


Keep telling yourself that. Problem is, your trusted sources missed a large chunk of the population that had had enough of liberal stupidity.
And they continue to miss it.


I'm not telling myself anything. It is a fact that the Rasmussen poll is done on likely voters. It is a fact that the CBS poll Crowbird quoted is general public. It is also a fact that the polls of registered voters fall in between the two and that Republicans always have an edge in voter polls because they are more likely to register and more likely to vote. Anyone who purports to be politically savvy should understand these basic facts.
User avatar
By Phaedrus
#489121
AFC wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:
The score is 4-1, not 5-0 as Trump says, but please show me all these predictions.

As for Obamacare, yes it took 10 months from the time Obama took office, starting from scratch, but the Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a plan.


Maybe you weren't paying attention to the news? It's all I heard, how this will be a referendum on Trumps presidency. And after each loss, they would downplay to and move on to hype the next one, which they would then lose.

I do have to give them some credit, though. Even though the lost them all, they keep telling themselves how it was still a victory. Kind of sad, but that's the democrat party there days: sad.

It was 14 months, but what I hear you saying is that because the repubs are taking their time, debating the bill amongst their own party, that's embarrassing. I would argue it's working as it should. Personally, I would take government out of it altogether.

But, you were onboard with the dems rushing through a bill that has come apart, as predicted, so much so that now even their own members are beginning to admit it. I guess 7 years later is better than never.


Yes, I listened to the news. While Democrats hoped to win, the Georgia election was the only one of the 4 where they really thought they might have a shot. In the final week the Republican vote came home. Before you start crowing, these were races in solidly Republican areas that should never have been close. If you think this was good news for Republican prospects in 2018, that is hubris.

And no, I am not saying the Republicans are taking their time. I'm saying they lied to the American people and wasted their time.