By Ryan
AFC wrote:Rasmussen's got him at 46%. Guess it's all in who you want to believe. Since most of your trusted sources were so wrong about last Nov.'s general, and the recent elections, I'll go with Rasmussen.

Oh, and your prediction about how the nomination of Trump would rip apart the republican party seems kind of hilarious now, doesn't it?
I mean, in light of the fact that dems are beginning to turn on each other.

AFC, I love your argument here. You are really sticking it in their faces. The anti-trump vitriol is insane.

Just a point of order about the MSM, you said "your trusted sources were so wrong". That really glosses over the reality of what happened in 2016 election. They were not just "wrong", they actually lied! They attempted to deceive and manipulate the electorate with propaganda and mis-information. Then they ran with misinformation about the polling against Trump. You can't tell me they were simply "wrong". During the entire run up to the election I followed the LA Times poll from a guy on youtube named Bill Sill. They had Trump ahead most of the time. The media wrote that poll off as outlying. The MSM polling was an orchestrated attack from the left, that failed. They underestimated the conviction of Trump's supporters. they also did their best to hide the crowds from the public.

Now they run around proclaiming how it's sacrilege to manipulate our most sacred election process? It was the Dems that colluded with a 3rd party to manipulate the election...that 3rd party was the MSM, the left's propaganda apparatus.
By Phaedrus
Let me say this about that.
1. After 8 years of anti-Obama vitriol, to claim the anti-Trump vitriol is insane, is nonsense.
2. What is truly different is the vitriol that comes from Trump, both as candidate and President.
3. The LA Times poll, while predicting a Trump win, was wrong in the manner of that win. It predicted a majority Trump vote, which was not true. It did, however, capture higher turnout for Trump and that mattered in the blue states that Trump turned red. It was included in all the polls at RealClearPolitics.com
4. Your "hiding the crowds" comment is just not true. There has never been as much coverage of campaign rallies than with the Trump rallies. His campaign relied heavily on this free media from all cable networks. Whether it was positive or negative, it is crazy to state that he was hidden by the MSM. What is true was that the standard single camera shot of the stage was not revealing the crowds initially and Trump is a savvy TV guy who knew how to coax the cameras to look around, which they did.
By AFC
Phaedrus wrote:Yes, I listened to the news. While Democrats hoped to win, the Georgia election was the only one of the 4 where they really thought they might have a shot. In the final week the Republican vote came home. Before you start crowing, these were races in solidly Republican areas that should never have been close. If you think this was good news for Republican prospects in 2018, that is hubris.

And no, I am not saying the Republicans are taking their time. I'm saying they lied to the American people and wasted their time.

Yeah, our bad. Guess we should have elected Hillary and the democrats so we wouldn't be lied to anymore, huh?
Is it lost on you that the posturing by the repubs is all due to a bill forced down our throats by lying democrats?

What I consider good news is that Trump was elected over an "unbeatable" democrat, and all the seats repubs took in Congress.
But hey, as long as you came close in Georgia and a few others. When do those victory parties start?
By Boro Friend
There is no way to really compare the percentage of a win/loss in a special election vs. the percentage of the same in a normal election cycle and more on the ballot that has everyone's attention. But when you are desperate to cling to any kind of life ,anything can be adopted as a win I guess.
Last edited by Boro Friend on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stinky Pete
AFC wrote:What I consider good news is that Trump was elected over an "unbeatable" democrat

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You're making up your own history! Have you been talking to Norty? The Democratic party was trying to find other options. They were so terrified that they tried to convince Uncle Joe to run. A Fox news poll before Trump won the nomination had 6 (six) of the Republican candidates beating Hillary head-to-head. She was far from unbeatable. Everybody was going to beat her. You're making up quite a story here. This is how history gets all screwed up and we end up with bogus stories about Liberty Bells, Betsy Ross, and all the founders being Christian, and in favor of limited government.
By Ryan
Phaedrus wrote:Let me say this about that.
1. After 8 years of anti-Obama vitriol, to claim the anti-Trump vitriol is insane, is nonsense.
2. What is truly different is the vitriol that comes from Trump, both as candidate and President.
3. The LA Times poll, while predicting a Trump win, was wrong in the manner of that win. It predicted a majority Trump vote, which was not true. It did, however, capture higher turnout for Trump and that mattered in the blue states that Trump turned red. It was included in all the polls at RealClearPolitics.com
4. Your "hiding the crowds" comment is just not true. There has never been as much coverage of campaign rallies than with the Trump rallies. His campaign relied heavily on this free media from all cable networks. Whether it was positive or negative, it is crazy to state that he was hidden by the MSM. What is true was that the standard single camera shot of the stage was not revealing the crowds initially and Trump is a savvy TV guy who knew how to coax the cameras to look around, which they did.

1. I'm talking about the media, the MSM. You can't be serious! The MSM propaganda machine fawned (and still does) all over the Obamas. No President was ever as coddled by the media as Obama. No President was ever cooler, was ever more intelligent, was ever more handsome, funny, tall, thin, well mannered, cultured, etc.....He farted and they were on the 11 news talking about how good it smelled. Trickle up my leg? Give me a break. You are delusional.
2. Obama used the instruments of government as weapons (NSA, IRS) against his political enemies. And smiled while he did it.
3. Whatever...they were right and MSM buried it. Propaganda.
4. They didn't pan the cameras. Fox did so routinely. they were fair about covering the crowds. MSM didn't want the liberal public (that watches MSM with their head in the sand, like you) to understand the magnitude of Trump's support. It was part and parcel of their coordinated propaganda effort. They also took camera angles and ran dubbed audio tracks that made Hillary's crowds look and sound large.

Anyway, we get the last laugh. I don't care if you like Trump. I don't care if you continue to make excuses and rebuttals about the truth of how Trump kicked your a--es. I hope you continue to make excuses and rebut the truths that I put forth. Keep your head up you a--, it's very useful for us. Like Newt said, "I think Nancy should stay right where she is, she is very helpful to the Republicans" LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: