By JW
Under the current health care system how many more health care insurers would or will pull out due to the high losses? In the end how many will be willing to stay in?
By Phaedrus
JW wrote:Under the current health care system how many more health care insurers would or will pull out due to the high losses? In the end how many will be willing to stay in?

The reason I ask about 2007 is that I assume the Republicans are going to repeal Obamacare. Therefore, whatever is happening under Obamacare is irrelevant. The new plan should be aiming to improve American health care as if Obamacare never existed.

So, what improvements does it bring? Why not just leave it to the markets?
By JW
Phaedrus wrote:
JW wrote:Under the current health care system how many more health care insurers would or will pull out due to the high losses? In the end how many will be willing to stay in?

The reason I ask about 2007 is that I assume the Republicans are going to repeal Obamacare. Therefore, whatever is happening under Obamacare is irrelevant. The new plan should be aiming to improve American health care as if Obamacare never existed.

So, what improvements does it bring? Why not just leave it to the markets?

If it was left to the markets most insurance companies would bail and the few left would have to raise rates to the point where most would have to go without due to high cost. Which is where we are getting as I type. Just how long do you let a failing plan fail before the damage is uncontrollable.
By JW
Phaedrus wrote:I meant free market, not the exchanges. Pretend Obamacare never existed. How is this new plan answering the problems of 2007?

That is exactly what I meant free market. If it was left to the free market we would be bailing out insurance companies in a few years.