Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein has appointed former FBI Director Robert Muller to serve as special counsel to oversee the investigation into Trump’s ties with Russia.

The lamestream media and the so-called resistance are preparing a new vitriol and hate message on how to bring down Muller after Trump has been vindicated by him.
JW wrote:
The last paragraph leaves you with one of three choices, it seems–assuming the existence of a memo. Either Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation and Comey mislead the Senate by specifically referring to the actions of the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General and hiding from them an attempt by Trump to stop an investigation. Or Trump made no such request. Or, Comey considered that the comment fell into the category of “they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it.” In other words, he did not take it as an attempt to interfere in the investigation. Two of these three options explain the skepticism expressed by Senator Burr earlier today on the memo story.

I believe there is a fourth possibility. Comey did not take Trump seriously. Then he was fired and, in retrospect, he should have taken it seriously. The memo gains importance because of the firing.
JW wrote:Yes , and if he has memos on this meeting I'd like to all the previous memos of meetings with Obama and Hillery.

I don't believe there are any times when Obama or Hillary dismissed everyone from the room so that he could chat privately with Comey. You might want to find that out first.
I heard it reasonably confirmed during last Comey hearing by Comey.

I'll retract that statement but only because the verifying sources I can find are Breitbart, etc.

The memos will also be interesting insofar as how the FBI was informed that Weiner was involved in illegal communications with a minor on the very laptop that contained Hillary's emails. That's a Kushner tactic.

This is the dirtiest campaign ever.
Phaedrus liked this
Phaedrus wrote:
JW wrote:
The last paragraph leaves you with one of three choices, it seems–assuming the existence of a memo. Either Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation and Comey mislead the Senate by specifically referring to the actions of the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General and hiding from them an attempt by Trump to stop an investigation. Or Trump made no such request. Or, Comey considered that the comment fell into the category of “they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it.” In other words, he did not take it as an attempt to interfere in the investigation. Two of these three options explain the skepticism expressed by Senator Burr earlier today on the memo story.

I believe there is a fourth possibility. Comey did not take Trump seriously. Then he was fired and, in retrospect, he should have taken it seriously. The memo gains importance because of the firing.

assuming the existence of a memo
Trump said firing 'nut job' Comey took pressure off Russia probe; White House official now 'person of interest': reports
Christopher Wilson 1 hour 26 minutes ago

1:28 8:28 4:09 0:43 3:11 3:50 2:29
0:03 / 1:28

Trump said firing 'nut job' Comey took pressure off Russia probe; White House official now 'person of interest': reports

Two more bombshell reports published Friday afternoon delivered a one-two punch to the Trump White House regarding the investigation into its potential ties to Russia, capping off a week where each day dealt a fresh blockbuster blow to the administration.

In one, the Washington Post reported that the FBI’s Russia probe has identified a current advisor to the president as a “person of interest,” while a second New York Times story reported the commander-in-chief told visiting Russian officials that the firing of “nut job” FBI director James Comey had taken a weight off his shoulders.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” said President Trump in a meeting with Russian officials last week, according to the Times report on a document summarizing the meeting. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”