By Stinky Pete
Neil Irwin @Neil_Irwin MAY 11, 2017

President Trump recently sat for a long interview with The Economist magazine in which he discussed his economic agenda. One exchange was particularly attention-grabbing for those who could remember their high school history, or who paid vague attention to the debates over stimulus during the last recession.

Explaining why he seeks tax cuts even if they risk expanding the budget deficit, President Trump said that they might increase the deficit temporarily, but that “we have to prime the pump.”

“Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?” the president said.

Yes, the interviewer — who, again, is an editor of The Economist — confirmed.

“Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good.”
By Phaedrus
Megalomaniac.

It's a mistake to think that because someone runs a business they understand economics, particularly macroeconomics.
By Phaedrus
Here's another part of that interview. he's very proud of his tax returns, but he won't release them to get tax reform done. So which comes first, the country or his business reputation?

Mr President, can I just try you on a deal-making question? If you do need Democratic support for your tax plan, your ideal tax plan, and the price of that the Democrats say is for you to release your tax returns, would you do that?

President Trump: I don’t know. That’s a very interesting question. I doubt it. I doubt it. Because they’re not going to…nobody cares about my tax return except for the reporters. Oh, at some point I’ll release them. Maybe I’ll release them after I’m finished because I’m very proud of them actually. I did a good job.
By Phaedrus
I guess $100 million to Ivanka's foundation could also be defined as priming the pump.

Where are all the people who were outraged with the Clinton Foundation? Lock her up! Lock her up! :lol: