By Stinky Pete
But seriously, this is like Nixon during the Watergate investigation. No one seriously believes this is about Hillary's emails, do they? There's shady stuff going on here.
By eriknben10
I guess we'll have to wait and see if the new hire reviews the information on Clinton's crimes and if the new Justice dept. files charges against her.
By Phaedrus
I think Stinky Pete is referring to Comey's false testimony that he failed to immediately correct. But it could be that Trump wants an FBI Director that will support Sessions in prosecuting Clinton, something I would love to see.
By eriknben10
So who will be the new director? Trey Gowdy , Chris Christie ,Rudy Giuliani, or perhaps David Clarke. Grab a big bag of popcorn for this one.
By Phaedrus
Unless there is a question of the FBI culture being corrupt, I would think they have to promote from within.

If Clinton is charged, I will contribute to her defense fund. It will be a great thing to organize around. Bring it on!
By eriknben10
The draining of the swamp doesn't allow for promotion from within. It will be a long drawn out trial for sure.