Thought our history ( America) great many people came here for a better life as life in the old world was not easy or even safe at times. Big governments there ran the culture and economy. My mother came here from Europe many, many years ago. She loved this nation and people but they came legally and cherished being able to become an American.
The Left, Liberals, desires Anarchy which , in reality will produce greater governmental control as the anarchy develops . It is their method.
It will hurt the economy how? By removing the illegals the business is forced to hire legal workers who in turn would put back into the economy. They would also be forced to pay above the table and pay taxes on employee earnings like SS, WC,UC etc. So your cheap mushrooms might cost you more or the fat cats might not make as many millions. I still don't see it hurting the economy.
I won't even mention what it costs the school districts and the state for all the freebies anchor babies get.
eriknben10 wrote:It will hurt the economy how? By removing the illegals the business is forced to hire legal workers who in turn would put back into the economy. They would also be forced to pay above the table and pay taxes on employee earnings like SS, WC,UC etc. So your cheap mushrooms might cost you more or the fat cats might not make as many millions. I still don't see it hurting the economy.
I won't even mention what it costs the school districts and the state for all the freebies anchor babies get.

I agree since most send a big chunk of their money back to Mexico.
Too busy at work. I'll explain later today.

eriknben10 wrote:It will hurt the economy how? By removing the illegals the business is forced to hire legal workers who in turn would put back into the economy. They would also be forced to pay above the table and pay taxes on employee earnings like SS, WC,UC etc. So your cheap mushrooms might cost you more or the fat cats might not make as many millions. I still don't see it hurting the economy.
norton wrote:Thought our history ( America) great many people came here for a better life as life in the old world was not easy or even safe at times. Big governments there ran the culture and economy. My mother came here from Europe many, many years ago. She loved this nation and people but they came legally and cherished being able to become an American.
The Left, Liberals, desires Anarchy which , in reality will produce greater governmental control as the anarchy develops . It is their method.

You love the good old days, but don't seem to want the immigration laws that were in effect when your mother came. Well, except maybe for the "whites only" policy.
A lot of the issues for me are the same as raising the minimum wage.

Small businesses will probably get by with fewer workers, scaling back their business, or in some cases go out of business altogether.

Some businesses will move out of the U.S.

Workers pay rent, buy goods and services, etc. They generate revenue for other businesses, who will also suffer.

Illegals pay more into social security than they take away from it.