By 50 plus
I know it's a downer subject but so happy to read that pos killed himself. Can't get the picture of that sweet old man walking home from his Easter meal enjoying his last minute on earth. Killer had a gun so curious how he got it. Stolen or an upstanding guy who passed the background check? Stolen I'd guess.
By JuneCarter
That poor man. I'm a little bothered that it took so long to remove the murder from Facebook. It's a bit disturbing to say the least. God Bless that poor man and his family.
By Phaedrus
50 plus wrote:I know it's a downer subject but so happy to read that pos killed himself. Can't get the picture of that sweet old man walking home from his Easter meal enjoying his last minute on earth. Killer had a gun so curious how he got it. Stolen or an upstanding guy who passed the background check? Stolen I'd guess.

From all accounts he was an upstanding guy who snapped from the pressure of recent failures. Went postal.
By Phaedrus
JuneCarter wrote:That poor man. I'm a little bothered that it took so long to remove the murder from Facebook. It's a bit disturbing to say the least. God Bless that poor man and his family.

Saw some of the family on CNN last night. The old guy was a real sweetheart. He collected cans for something to do. Didn't need the money.
JuneCarter liked this
By 50 plus
Didn't all come down like someone who "snapped". Too calm and methodical. The fact he had a good job makes you wonder. In that case just about anyone who passes a background check can go nuts and shoot someone then use the old temporary insanity excuse. Who is to say people who got guns at 18 and were sane are still sane at age 30? We'll, in this case he did everyone a favor and we don't waste money on trials and incarceration.
By JuneCarter
According to reports he worked with foster children so I'd imagine he had some type of clearances over and above an average citizen.
By Phaedrus
50 plus wrote:Didn't all come down like someone who "snapped". Too calm and methodical. The fact he had a good job makes you wonder. In that case just about anyone who passes a background check can go nuts and shoot someone then use the old temporary insanity excuse. Who is to say people who got guns at 18 and were sane are still sane at age 30? We'll, in this case he did everyone a favor and we don't waste money on trials and incarceration.

Many people who go on rampages don't actually rampage. Calm and methodical is about it. They just zone out.

What I read was that he was bankrupt from gambling debts, his girlfriend left him, he was evicted and the pressures just built. He also had people who loved him and are saddened. He wasn't the kind of evil monster that people are glad to be rid of. Just bad all around.
By Ryan
oh yeah, it's a sin, he was just a poor guy down on his luck. He was not an evil monster, even though he murdered that sweet, decent and innocent man in cold blood and broadcast it so the world could see.

Cry me a river. He was the living and breathing image of evil. He needed to be put down anyway.

And the savages who HAD TO watch it are not much better. Our society is in a moral tailspin in so many ways. Disgusting. Pray for the victim and his family, their loss is unimaginable to me.
By Phaedrus
I understand you like to see the world as either/or, but I don't. Things happen to people that cause changes. If he had been a vet with PTSD, would you feel the same?