By eriknben10
You would think after 10 months of watching him they would have something on him. He seems happy the FBI has been investigating him.
By astontibs
JuneCarter wrote:I'm old enough to remember the years spent on Hillary's emails which was a big goose egg.

There was enough there to prosecute, they just didn't do it and Trump's administration has bigger things to do now.. If I had done that in my job for the navy, I would be in a federal pen.
By Phaedrus
Really! You want to talk hypocrisy. Lock her up! Lock her up! They were calling it the greatest criminal conspiracy in history. Now she just walks?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I were her, I would be taunting Trump at every opportunity to prosecute so we can see what a phony he is.
By JuneCarter
Phaedrus wrote:Really! You want to talk hypocrisy. Lock her up! Lock her up! They were calling it the greatest criminal conspiracy in history. Now she just walks?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I were her, I would be taunting Trump at every opportunity to prosecute so we can see what a phony he is.

Exactly. Pence and Jeb did the email no no too.

I think treason is actually a crime.
By eriknben10
JuneCarter wrote: What law did she break?

"Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information", 18 U.S. Code § 793(e) and (f). This offense carries a potential penalty of ten years imprisonment.

Guess who makes the call?

It's up to prosecutorial discretion by the US Attorney as to what charges may be filed and when.

I wonder who that was! None other than the Lynch pin! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Phaedrus
The AG, it could be the current one, would proceed on evidence gathered by the FBI. The FBI did investigate and there is no reason to believe they recommended prosecution only to have it rejected by the AG.

As well, under the statute you name, it is required that the offender acted in bad faith to injure the country. This was determined by the Supreme Court, Gorin v. US (1941)