eriknben10 wrote:
JuneCarter wrote: What law did she break?

"Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information", 18 U.S. Code § 793(e) and (f). This offense carries a potential penalty of ten years imprisonment.

Guess who makes the call?

It's up to prosecutorial discretion by the US Attorney as to what charges may be filed and when.

I wonder who that was! None other than the Lynch pin! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you left out the rest of the law. Gotta hit all prongs.

Don't worry. I'm sure a full schooling on espionage laws will be coming at us sooner rather than later. I'm sure we will all learn a thing or two.
Phaedrus liked this
By eriknben10
Fact is you don't need to commit all the sins outlined there. That is only one of the reasons. (e) and (f) are some of the others and the ones she was clearly guilty on. Makes one wonder how many time her and Trump took a roll in the hay. If he wanted he could have Sessions charge her tomorrow.
By eriknben10
(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

LOCK HER UP!
By eriknben10
Maybe Trump will follow thru with his rhetorical comment while he was running for office. If she makes a wrong move, I think he will. He seems to change his mind BIG LEAGUE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By JuneCarter
E.) she was authorized
F.) she didn't commit gross negligence under the law

Elle Woods could have represented her and vindicated her.

I hope Pence nominates people to fill all those cabinet positions the golfer in chief has neglected. I guess golf is better than chocolate cake.
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:Fact is you don't need to commit all the sins outlined there. That is only one of the reasons. (e) and (f) are some of the others and the ones she was clearly guilty on. Makes one wonder how many time her and Trump took a roll in the hay. If he wanted he could have Sessions charge her tomorrow.

Look up the Supreme Court decision I cited. It is specific to interpretation of this law.

I would like Clinton to go away like Mike Dukakis, but I would also be willing to support her in forcing Trump to put her on trial. I would donate to her defense fund. What was done to her needs to be addressed or Conservative money will continue to lay false charges against every candidate. All they need is a bald-faced liar like Trump to lead the charge(s).
By Phaedrus
JuneCarter wrote:E.) she was authorized
F.) she didn't commit gross negligence under the law

Elle Woods could have represented her and vindicated her.

I hope Pence nominates people to fill all those cabinet positions the golfer in chief has neglected. I guess golf is better than chocolate cake.

If Trump goes down, Pence will go with him or, at best , be a lame-duck joke for having run with Trump. Not to mention, he's kind of unlikeable, as in a mild-mannered sexist pig, as opposed to Trump's loud-mouthed sexist pig.