By sandbagger2
Back in the beginning quarter of 2016, the township expended funds to survey 3 properties, which let's face it, it was a waste of township tax dollars, to find a suitable location for a new firehouse. After the decision was made to keep the present location :shock: an announcement, via Township website, was made that the BOC was forming a committee with the Fire Dept to begin discussions on all aspects of financing for the new building. I've looked through Fire Committee meeting minutes, which are pretty much non-existent, as are much of the Meeting Minutes for most committees, and haven't seen any movement what-so-ever.

Anyone happen to know where the status of this project stands? Has the financing been arranged, has the township architect proposed a rendition of the building, is there a timeline as to when this is suppose to be started/completed?

With all the grants we've received over the past year or so, is there an ongoing status update as to what has been accomplished?
Attachments
ScreenHunter 31.jpg
By norton
If young folks do not become involved in local, volunteer fire companies they may go the way of the Mom and Pop general store. I believe about every local fire company has a sign up looking for volunteers.
By eriknben10
Never went thru the process of building a firehouse. My guess from the one they built back home was a timeline of about three years to work out the details. Picking the sight was only the 1st step. Mechanical drawings, permitting, inspections, and eventually having it finished. Everybody and there brother has their hand out along the way. The building itself doesn't take long at all. They are nearly as bad with the process of building as they are with roads that take 10 years to get started.
By sandbagger2
eriknben10 wrote:Never went thru the process of building a firehouse. My guess from the one they built back home was a timeline of about three years to work out the details. Picking the sight was only the 1st step. Mechanical drawings, permitting, inspections, and eventually having it finished. Everybody and there brother has their hand out along the way. The building itself doesn't take long at all. They are nearly as bad with the process of building as they are with roads that take 10 years to get started.

It would be great if they had a Progress Report on the various projects that the township is undertaking. Wonder how they keep track.
By eriknben10
I'd ask the Chief what was going on if I had any interest in it. They have a lot of say in the design.
Here is the one I was referring to back home. Same process today I'm guessing.

http://www.ptves.org/?page_id=16