By Boro Friend
I heard news radio say that Nikki Haley blasted Russia and Syria today at the UN. North Korea was threating to blast off a missile while the Chinese leader was here. The timing may have been just right for all concerned.
JuneCarter liked this
By eriknben10
Woman has balls no doubt about it!

I think when Assad and Putin planned this chemical attack they wanted to see if Trump had any balls. My guess is they understand very clearly now.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:I'm not so sure. You guys need to look at what they actually hit, what they deliberately didn't hit, who they warned in advance so that they could move their stuff, and the current status of the airbase.

They hit what they targeted. It was basically a warning shot. Assad's days are numbered and Putin's posturing days are over even though we didn't have solid evidence he was a part of the chemical attack and escaped this round. No use poking holes in a runway if that is what you think they should have hit. Takes more than a day to repair/ replace what we took out.
By Phaedrus
macdaddy wrote:
eriknben10 wrote:Thing is they had multiple chemical attacks in 2014-15 after the red line was crossed in 2013 and no one ever did anything but talk. The failed attempts they made to remove the weapons are clearly evident. I'm thinking it is way past time to knock them off the bleachers!

I agree. And to think some assume to be a deflection from other issues are absorbed.

Funny how E&B takes a hands-off approach, but eventually reveals himself to be a lover of violence - albeit couched in sporting language that lends a level of innocent venture. Pip, pip, playing fields of Eton and all that. Tally ho!
By eriknben10
Phaedrus wrote:
Funny how E&B takes a hands-off approach, but eventually reveals himself to be a lover of violence - albeit couched in sporting language that lends a level of innocent venture. Pip, pip, playing fields of Eton and all that. Tally ho!

Look ma, another feeble attempt at character assassination. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By JW
In January 2017, the one and only Susan Rice, former national security adviser to President Obama, who has an affinity for unmasking and prevaricating, claiming that the Obama administration was successful in removing the chemical weapons from Syria through negotiation. Here is a part of the Rice quote from NPR (believed to be an impartial news source by some):

We were able to find a solution that didn't necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished. Our aim in contemplating the use of force following the use of chemical weapons in August of 2013 was not to intervene in the civil war, not to become involved in the combat between Assad and the opposition, but to deal with the threat of chemical weapons by virtue of the diplomacy that we did with Russia and with the Security Council. We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile.

The entire article regarding the Rice interview can be found at:

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallel...disappointment

As some may recall, back in 2003 the US invaded Iraq to depose Saddam Hussein. In anticipation of the attack, the weapons of mass destruction (WMD) disappeared. Clearly there was evidence of the programs to manufacture the same, but large quantities of the weapons were not found. There was evidence of transfers of military equipment and materiel to Syria, and I suspect some of that was the chemical weapons used on at least several occasions by Syria on it's own people.

To my knowledge, I have only heard of Syria having a WMD program to pursue nuclear weapons, which was taken out by Israel. So I think that my theory may have some credence. I find it quite interesting that no one is talking about where the suspected Sarin, used in the latest attack, gas came from.
By JW
eriknben10 wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:

Look ma, another feeble attempt at character assassination. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what IT is best at Holier then thou [--removed--].