By Phaedrus
JW should also get his friend at BassBarn.com to join goaston so we can argue with him directly and not through a lesser intermediary.
By norton
Worth knowing- by Nonie Darwish

"The West is in need of the truth, regardless of how hard it is to hear.” – Nonie Darwish, Wholly Different

Darwish courageously lays out everything Americans, especially Christians, need to know about Islam in her new book: Wholly Different: Why I Chose Biblical Values Over Islamic Values.

She’s the perfect messenger, as someone who spent almost half her life as a Muslim and the other half as a Christian. Through her experience and extensive research into both Islam and Christianity, Darwish boldly shares how Islamic values are in direct opposition to Western values.

In Wholly Different, Darwish exposes lies the West has come to believe like “Islam is a religion of peace,” when their holy book, prophet, and god call for the killing of Christians and Jews.

She speaks of the dangers of Islam’s resistance to assimilation, and our willingness to give them permission through multiculturalism.

It’s packed with examples from Nonie’s life experience as well as extensive quotes and statistics.

Although I’ve learned a few things about Muhammad and sharia law over the years, as a Christian who loves Israel, I knew that Muslims in the Middle East call Israel the “little Satan” and refer to the United States as the “great Satan,” but I learned more about Islam in Wholly Different than I have over the last decade.

For instance, did you know that the Koran is predominantly about the kafirs, or non-Muslims, rather than a book about Muslims? It’s the only religion whose holy text is focused on non-believers, and as Nonie notes, the West should be alarmed about what is written in the Koran about us, non-Muslims.

“The Islamic God, Allah, requires his followers to dedicate their lives to change, fix, convert, or kill kafirs, whom Allah calls his enemies. That, in a nutshell, is the holy mission of a Muslim if he is to please his God and go to heaven,” Darwish writes.
She clearly lays out the stark contrast between the Bible and the Koran:

•Jesus Died for Us vs. We Must Die for Allah

•Life Is Sacred vs. Death Is Worship

•We Are All Sinners vs. They Are All Sinners

•God the Redeemer vs. Allah the Humiliator
By Stinky Pete
Why Islam Overtaking Christianity is Good for Christians
March 20, 2017104 Comments
by: Christian Chiakulas

Apparently, Pew Research projects that Islam will overtake Christianity as the world’s largest religion by the year 2070. This projection is based mainly on birth rates – Muslim women have more children than other religious groups, at 3.1 per woman for Muslims versus 2.3 for others. In addition, the average age for Muslims is seven years younger – 23 – than other religious groups.
Naturally, many American Christians, especially conservative-evangelical types, are terrified. Many already hold persecution complexes, and this knowledge seems to vindicate their xenophobic fear that “they” are taking over (even though by the time Islam becomes the world’s largest religion, Muslims will still only make up about 2% of the US population).

Reactionary violence aside (and no matter what happens, reactionary Christians gonna react), this impending de-throning of Christianity as the world’s largest religion is the best thing to happen to Christianity since the Reformation. Finally, at long last, Christians will have to wake up.
No more can we rest on our laurels, assured that we’ve somehow “won” the game of religion. No longer can Christian spiritual arrogance and chauvinism stand when Christians are a minority.
It will no longer be enough that we have converted the most people, or hoarded the most wealth. Churches will no longer be able to fall back on the argumentum ad populum.
Instead, we will have to fall back on our works and focus our efforts away from empty proselytizing and evangelization. With all hopes of hegemony and worldwide dominance dashed, Christians will have no choice but to busy themselves with the Kingdom of God.

Jesus and the disciples were not a majority. They were a minority sect within a minority religion. Christianity worked best and was most pure before Constantine, when we were the underdogs, the scrappy band of rag-tag prophets and believers going city-to-city and door-to-door striking down hierarchies and living communally.
Maybe 2070 will be a turning point, and an opportunity to go back to that, and finally find the Kingdom of God.
By Boro Friend
'' I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me.''- John 14-6
By JuneCarter
Nobody cares what religion you are as long as you are decent and follow our laws. - The Constitution of the United States
By norton
By Nonie Darwish

"The West is in need of the truth, regardless of how hard it is to hear.” – Nonie Darwish, Wholly Different

Darwish courageously lays out everything Americans, especially Christians, need to know about Islam in her new book: Wholly Different: Why I Chose Biblical Values Over Islamic Values.

She’s the perfect messenger, as someone who spent almost half her life as a Muslim and the other half as a Christian. Through her experience and extensive research into both Islam and Christianity, Darwish boldly shares how Islamic values are in direct opposition to Western values.

In Wholly Different, Darwish exposes lies the West has come to believe like “Islam is a religion of peace,” when their holy book, prophet, and god call for the killing of Christians and Jews.

She speaks of the dangers of Islam’s resistance to assimilation, and our willingness to give them permission through multiculturalism.

It’s packed with examples from Nonie’s life experience as well as extensive quotes and statistics.

Although I’ve learned a few things about Muhammad and sharia law over the years, as a Christian who loves Israel, I knew that Muslims in the Middle East call Israel the “little Satan” and refer to the United States as the “great Satan,” but I learned more about Islam in Wholly Different than I have over the last decade.

For instance, did you know that the Koran is predominantly about the kafirs, or non-Muslims, rather than a book about Muslims? It’s the only religion whose holy text is focused on non-believers, and as Nonie notes, the West should be alarmed about what is written in the Koran about us, non-Muslims.

“The Islamic God, Allah, requires his followers to dedicate their lives to change, fix, convert, or kill kafirs, whom Allah calls his enemies. That, in a nutshell, is the holy mission of a Muslim if he is to please his God and go to heaven,” Darwish writes.
She clearly lays out the stark contrast between the Bible and the Koran:

•Jesus Died for Us vs. We Must Die for Allah

•Life Is Sacred vs. Death Is Worship

•We Are All Sinners vs. They Are All Sinners

•God the Redeemer vs. Allah the Humiliator
By Phaedrus
Not too long ago, there was book called "The End of History." it was assumed that, with the fall of the USSR, the way was clear for the triumph of rationalism and the American Way - finally after 2 centuries. However, many people understood that religion would reassert its ugly head.
Ideology is the enemy of human existence. The only way is love. Not love dictated by a philosophy or dogma, but love, simply. It's the only thing worth dying for.