By Phaedrus
Too busy to research, but I seem to remember Republicans going after Obama for airstrikes in Libya without Congressional approval. Obama said that he could do it under NATO authority or something?

Either way, this was a waste of money. Aren't those missiles like $1.5 million each?
By eriknben10
So we leveled the air base where the planes loaded with the chemical weapons were launched from. What's the big deal if we knew the weapons were there? My question is if Putin and Assad blame it on the Rebels, how did the Rebels get onto that air base, load the bombs and execute their mission. It's not adding up.
By JW
Phaedrus wrote:Too busy to research, but I seem to remember Republicans going after Obama for airstrikes in Libya without Congressional approval. Obama said that he could do it under NATO authority or something?

Either way, this was a waste of money. Aren't those missiles like $1.5 million each?

Well worth the message that was sent. No more crossing that red line.
By Phaedrus
JW wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:Too busy to research, but I seem to remember Republicans going after Obama for airstrikes in Libya without Congressional approval. Obama said that he could do it under NATO authority or something?

You really care do you? Aren't you one of the people who just wanted to bomb the Middle East into oblivion? This isn't about gassing children for you. It's about killing Arabs. You could care less about the gas.
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:So we leveled the air base where the planes loaded with the chemical weapons were launched from. What's the big deal if we knew the weapons were there? My question is if Putin and Assad blame it on the Rebels, how did the Rebels get onto that air base, load the bombs and execute their mission. It's not adding up.

This whole thing smells of opportunism, but maybe some actual facts will get out eventually.
By JW
Phaedrus wrote:
JW wrote:

You really care do you? Aren't you one of the people who just wanted to bomb the Middle East into oblivion? This isn't about gassing children for you. It's about killing Arabs. You could care less about the gas.

You know nothing about me or what I care about. So just go grab your pillow again and let the people who actually have a set of balls do what should have been done years ago. The little fat boy in North Korea has much to think about.
By eriknben10
Don't look for any facts to come out of that area. Air strikes against ISIS have killed way more civilians than this chemical attack. This war has been going on since the beginning of time. Just has different players. Will this tactic slow it down or escalate it is the question.