This weekend is opening day for AVBL on Saturday April 8, 2017. As always the parade will start at 8:30 AM from the Community Center. The teams will cross over Concord Ave, go down Donnelly Ave, down Marianville, cross over Pennell and continue on Weir until they enter the park.

Ceremonies will follow the parade at the Major League field starting at approximately 9:30 AM. We hope the community will be able to come out and support the volunteers, coaches and kids as they start another season.

Let's Go AVBL!
There are a lot of things I miss about my kids being small. Opening day isn't one of them! I hated having to drag them out of bed at 7:00am to stand around in the cold for the parade. And then the opening ceremonies! Brutal. And then we still couldn't go home because we had to get team pictures taken. And on an especially bad day, they'd have a game after all that.
Do those kids have to walk that route? Why can't they just start off from the old Acme parking lot? Or is it from the community center for political photo ops? Aston AA is one of the best things about the town besides the public works. Just feel sorry for the little kids if they do walk.
This isn't Aston AA, it's Aston Valley Baseball. It's also a great organization, don't get me wrong. The kids aren't walking; they're riding in the back of pickup trucks. Every year, that scared me. Sooner or later, something bad is going to happen, and people will suddenly realize how stupid it is to have kids in the back of moving pickup trucks.