By eriknben10
JuneCarter wrote:That's awesome! My son can't drive so I'm hoping Communit Transit or the bus token program is still available in a few years. It's not looking good. :cry:

It took me quite awhile, about 2 years I think, to go thru that process with all the testing and paperwork, thankfully being retired I had the time to haul him around where he needed to be until he was approved. I still take him to appointments because he is not capable of riding anywhere by himself. CCT Connect has been both helpful but is very scary as well after what he went thru in the accident when the driver fell asleep at 8am. and the trauma he suffered from it. Not to mention how we as a family suffered from his trauma.

I wish you the best on that. But rail trails are important too they say.
By eriknben10
That's great! I hope it takes him where he needs to be since the funds came from the same place as CCT gets theirs. In my experience, when you are deep in debt you don't keep spending or it leads to catastrophic events. The gubberment isn't any different and we are seeing it now.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:Why does Cocco's charge me $12 for a pizza when the ingredients only cost $1.50?

Maybe they don't get their laundry done by the sweat shop over at Elwyn paid for by tax payer money. Maybe they are a for profit company, unlike Elwyn which is a non profit. Last but not least maybe they don't receive $900 per hour of tax payer money to watch 6 people fold towels and wash cloths and give them people $10 per hour in return for the labor.
I understand overhead to run a business has costs but if it costs tax payers $900 an hour for 6 people to fold laundry that businesses are paying to have cleaned, I think something is wrong.