Phaedrus wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:I hope so too because they're looking really stupid so far. I was hoping they'd actually come up with something better.

Romneycare is the best thing Republicans can come up with. That's what we have.

Yep. I remember the "anyone but Mitt" mentality. :evil:
In Virginia, three GOP congressmen line up against GOP health care plan

By Jenna Portnoy
March 14, 2017 at 6:02 PM

Three of Virginia’s seven Republican members of Congress have come out against House Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s plan to revise the Affordable Care Act - and the other four have yet to take a position.

The dissent, from two hard-line conservatives and one moderate, illustrates the challenge House leaders face in pushing a proposal that the Congressional Budget Office said would reduce the deficit, but also leave 24 million Americans uninsured.

For weeks, Virginia congressmen Dave Brat and Tom Garrett - both members of the Freedom Caucus - have warned that Ryan’s plan would not go far enough to roll back President Barack Obama’s health care law.

Then on Monday, Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.), announced that he, too, is opposed to the plan, saying “it is clear that this bill is not consistent with the repeal and replace principles for which I stand.”
(CNN) A devastating analysis from the Congressional Budget Office on the House GOP bill to repeal Obamacare has rattled moderate Republicans in the House, who are uneasy about the prospects of voting for a proposal that increasingly appears dead on arrival in the Senate.

Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen said publicly Tuesday that she wouldn't be able to support the GOP health care legislation after the CBO score revealed the high number of people who would lose insurance.

"I plan to vote NO on the current #AHCA bill. As written the plan leaves too many from my #SoFla district uninsured," the Florida congresswoman wrote in two consecutive tweets. "As #AHCA stands, it will cut much needed help for #SoFla's poor + elderly populations. Need a plan that will do more to protect them."

Republican Rep. Leonard Lance, a moderate from New Jersey who Democrats believe will be vulnerable in 2018, told CNN that he believes the House bill will fail in the Senate. As he eyes his own reelection campaign next year, Lance said he doesn't want to support a legislation that would be rejected by his Republican colleagues across the Capitol.

"I do not want to vote on a bill that has no chance of passing over in the Senate," Lance said. "The CBO score has modified the dynamics."