By JW
Dan Grilo the former Clinton volunteer tweeted this about the Navy Seal who was recently killed wife.
"Sorry Owen's wife, you're not helping yourself or your husband's memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you."

This comment was about Trumps wonderful speech 2 days ago. Well the company where he WAS employed immediately fired him from his job and issued an apology.
By Stinky Pete
JuneCarter wrote:They stood for the poor widow despite the tweet to the contrary from Kellyanne. Trump should fire her for using that moment as a political football.

She was there to play the part of the football.
By Stinky Pete
1) Post under a fake name.

2)Free speech doesn't mean you can't be fired.

3)if you looked at my FB account, for example, there is no hint of anything political or controversial. I like being employed.

JW wrote:Dan Grilo the former Clinton volunteer tweeted this about the Navy Seal who was recently killed wife.
"Sorry Owen's wife, you're not helping yourself or your husband's memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you."

This comment was about Trumps wonderful speech 2 days ago. Well the company where he WAS employed immediately fired him from his job and issued an apology.
By JuneCarter
I get what your saying, stinky but it would have been offensive not to honor him.

Right, JW! I saw that arsehole remark and he was fired. Kellyanne should be fired too!
By eriknben10
“Ryan laid down his life for his friends, for his country, and for our freedom. And we will never forget Ryan.”

What an honor to have the president acknowledge the brave acts our armed forces undertake for our freedoms and freedoms around the globe. It was also very respectful the WH asked Mrs. Owens if it would be OK for President Trump to reference her during his speech. All gave some, some gave all.

By JW
Stinky Pete wrote:
JuneCarter wrote:They stood for the poor widow despite the tweet to the contrary from Kellyanne. Trump should fire her for using that moment as a political football.

You act like this is something new like it's never been done before. I think every single president has done this. Am I right or wrong?
By JW
JuneCarter wrote:I get what your saying, stinky but it would have been offensive not to honor him.

Right, JW! I saw that arsehole remark and he was fired. Kellyanne should be fired too!

If he didn't the haters would be here telling us how terrible it was that he didn't mention it. And for someone to say that Trump got this hero killed is asinine and ignorant. This mission would have went during Obama's last days as it was his last hurrah but conditions were not right. So to say Trump got his killed is just the hate coming through.
By Stinky Pete
JW wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:

You act like this is something new like it's never been done before. I think every single president has done this. Am I right or wrong?

Sure, they all do. Does that make it right? Well, you think it's right. But should I think it's right just because of that?
By Mountain Dew Guy
50 plus wrote:Interesting. Turns out it was a tweet by none other than Kellyanne Conway saying Wasserman Schultz didn't stand for the widow. Story appears on CNN.

A clip I saw last night of that portion of the speech, panning the crowd and showed military personnel seated while others around them stood. Supreme Court justices were sitting as well when the camera caught them. You can see from a wider shot, they stood like everyone else did for the first acknowledgement but didn't for the subsequent ones.