Boro Friend wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:Let's look at this in a positive light. A big chunk of republicans told Trump/Ryan to go ____ themselves. That makes me feel good.

The people you are talking about would have killed that piece of legislation no matter who put it out. They where standing on conservative principal not a Trump rejection sediment .

The beauty of it was that there were both moderates and conservatives against it. Ryan/Trump slapped some crap together that no one could support. And why? Why not take the time to come up with something that would have worked?
Stinky Pete wrote:
Boro Friend wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:Let's look at this in a positive light. A big chunk of republicans told Trump/Ryan to go ____ themselves. That makes me feel good.

The people you are talking about would have killed that piece of legislation no matter who put it out. They where standing on conservative principal not a Trump rejection sediment .

The beauty of it was that there were both moderates and conservatives against it. Ryan/Trump slapped some crap together that no one could support. And why? Why not take the time to come up with something that would have worked?

You assume it is all over I guess. Like I told my kids growing up, if you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you ever have time to do it right again. But I heard today there is still some movement ,so we will see.
By Phaedrus
Boro Friend wrote:Only those without the guts to do what has to be done.

I'm not sure what your point is. What do you think needs to be done? My point is that they want to repeal, but not replace.
Only because you don't want to get the point. Those who would not vote for the bill presented very much want it repealed and replaced. They're just not willing to vote for Obama Care under a different name.
Boro Friend wrote:Only because you don't want to get the point. Those who would not vote for the bill presented very much want it repealed and replaced. They're just not willing to vote for Obama Care under a different name.

THere were conservatives against it and moderates against it, for different reasons.
Boro Friend wrote:Only because you don't want to get the point. Those who would not vote for the bill presented very much want it repealed and replaced. They're just not willing to vote for Obama Care under a different name.

Over the past 7 years there were many votes to repeal, but I didn't see them working on a replacement plan. Looks to me like the Republicans are happy to just go back to 2008