User avatar
By sandbagger2
#485166
eriknben10 wrote:So you think Aston township emergency services need more information than they have? I hear that they are receiving the training they need. Did you ever compare the amount of land they needed from Aston with the amount of land they needed from Middletown and what the going rate for right-of-way access is? You keep talking like Aston got ripped off or something.

Not to mention Middletown and Aston already sold out. I don't live in Middletown.


I'm not second guessing the capabilities of our emergency services, many of their qualifications are above reproach. But how about the residents of the township? Can the township give them an idea as to what the DO's and DON'Ts are, at least as a start? It doesn't matter how much land it covers, if an incident happens on our little patch of land they've taken.

As far as being ripped off, you're right, Sunoco received a ruling from a judge stating they're a PUC, allowing them right-of-way. How they can be considered a PUC when their end product is being shipped out internationally is beyond me.

Sold out, I don't know, we've received quite a few grants in a past few years that this has been in play.
Last edited by sandbagger2 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#485167
The bottom line is we have a greater chance of a plane hitting the high school or a neighborhood. Do you know the plan if that happens in the township?

"It doesn't matter how much land it covers"
It matters when you are talking about what we received for the right-of-way vs. what Middletown got and you spent a lot of time emphasizing that point. My point put the amount argument to rest. We got paid the same amount per square foot in case you didn't understand what I meant.

Yes Aston did finally hire someone that knows how to fleece the state for grants. It has nothing to do with a pipeline.
User avatar
By sandbagger2
#485168
eriknben10 wrote:The bottom line is we have a greater chance of a plane hitting the high school or a neighborhood. Do you know the plan if that happens in the township?

"It doesn't matter how much land it covers"
It matters when you are talking about what we received for the right-of-way vs. what Middletown got and you spent a lot of time emphasizing that point. My point put the amount argument to rest. We got paid the same amount per square foot in case you didn't understand what I meant.

Yes Aston did finally hire someone that knows how to fleece the state for grants. It has nothing to do with a pipeline.


I don't see where there's a greater chance of a plane incident, comparing Sunoco's safety record. This is a record of Sunoco incidents in Aston as of 2010. The first 5 pages are the incidents themselves.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ro4qb564jk04v92/Sunoco_-_Aston_Incidents.pdf
User avatar
By Stinky Pete
#485169
From the Aston township web site.

On June 26, 1967, a navy jet plane crashed into a Chester Water Company storage tank at Concord and Cherry Tree Roads demolishing the 10 million gallon tank, sending a 20 foot high wall of water 200 yards downhill to the West Branch of Chester Creek. This caused many homes along Concord Road, near the tank farm, to sustain heavy flood damage in their cellars. Fortunately, the pilot bailed out at 8000 feet and parachuted to safety, landing in an orchard in Middletown Township.
User avatar
By JW
#485174
Stinky Pete wrote:From the Aston township web site.

On June 26, 1967, a navy jet plane crashed into a Chester Water Company storage tank at Concord and Cherry Tree Roads demolishing the 10 million gallon tank, sending a 20 foot high wall of water 200 yards downhill to the West Branch of Chester Creek. This caused many homes along Concord Road, near the tank farm, to sustain heavy flood damage in their cellars. Fortunately, the pilot bailed out at 8000 feet and parachuted to safety, landing in an orchard in Middletown Township.

I watched this happen. The pilot made two loops around the Pennel Manor area. He was so low we could see his helmet and him looking down. He bailed and landed over on Linvilles property. The plane went solo and hit the water tower. I believe he was heavily reprimanded for bailing over a residential area and most likely never flew again.
Stinky Pete liked this
User avatar
By eriknben10
#485177
How about that. Since it already happened does that make it more or less of a chance of it happening again? What is the plan and why didn't I get a letter for the plan? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
By eriknben10
#485180
sandbagger2 wrote:
eriknben10 wrote:The bottom line is we have a greater chance of a plane hitting the high school or a neighborhood. Do you know the plan if that happens in the township?

"It doesn't matter how much land it covers"
It matters when you are talking about what we received for the right-of-way vs. what Middletown got and you spent a lot of time emphasizing that point. My point put the amount argument to rest. We got paid the same amount per square foot in case you didn't understand what I meant.

Yes Aston did finally hire someone that knows how to fleece the state for grants. It has nothing to do with a pipeline.


I don't see where there's a greater chance of a plane incident, comparing Sunoco's safety record. This is a record of Sunoco incidents in Aston as of 2010. The first 5 pages are the incidents themselves.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ro4qb564jk04v92/Sunoco_-_Aston_Incidents.pdf


I read about Sunoco accidents years ago and of accidents that happened how old were the pipes and what was the technology they used back then? Did those spills and what not have the safety features of this one going in? How many people heated their homes from those pipelines and kept from freezing to death over the life of those lines. Too many to count would be my guess.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#485181
If anything, I would suggest about the entire pipeline of the US it would be the powers that be give a lifeline to the pipe and make them replace or remove from service when that date comes. We all know the gubberment has the power to make this request.
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 22