By Stinky Pete
The show was not really about the tax returns (at least for the 20 minutes I watched). The tax return was just bait to attract viewers, so that she could then bring up a bunch shady stuff going on with trump.
By Stinky Pete
Stinky Pete wrote:The show was not really about the tax returns (at least for the 20 minutes I watched). The tax return was just bait to attract viewers, so that she could then bring up a bunch shady stuff going on with trump.

So, to answer the next question, "so, what's wrong with that?", what's wrong is that MSNBC basically helped to put to rest the tax return issue in some people's minds by publishing a partial tax return from 12 years ago. Whatever pressure there was for him to produce tax returns is now reduced because people saw that the partial 2005 return was unremarkable.
By Phaedrus
I wasn't going to ask that, but, yes, that is damaging and she went to press prematurely because she chased the scoop instead of the story.
By Stinky Pete
He is just so stupid, I still can't get over it. He described the meeting in his 4th grade vocabulary, using his very limited ability to put concepts into words.

The President said his meeting with the Chancellor was "very good" and said the pair talked about "many things."
By Stinky Pete
Phaedrus wrote:Why wouldn't Trump shake Merkel's hand?

He looks so nervous in that meeting. I think he just didn't hear her because he was so stressed .
By JuneCarter
He is intimidated by smart, powerful women.

I like when he met with the Irish Prime Minister the other day and quoted his favorite Irish proverb. Problem is it was a quote from a Nigerian poet. (And then the Prime Minster had to publicly school President Loco that St. Paddy was an immigrant.)
Last edited by JuneCarter on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phaedrus liked this