By Phaedrus
I don't know if Putin set him up, because I don't know why he would, but I have questions about Assad's guilt. Things were going his way, so why would he want to screw things up like this. It may very well have been a strike on rebel gas supplies, but on our end it is starting to look like Gulf of Tonkin.
By Stinky Pete
50 plus wrote:In case no one noticed, trump proclaimed April "National Sexual Attack Awareness Month".
Unbelievable

I guess there are multiple levels of unbelievable. A few days after Donald, "Grab 'em by the P****", Trump proclaimed April "National Sexual Attack Awareness Month", he publicly defended Bill O'Reilly, who allegedly abused multiple women and settled for $13 million or something like that.

It just doesn't seem possible to me that almost half the country could vote for such a vile person. And I use the word 'person' loosely.
By eriknben10
Phaedrus wrote:I don't know if Putin set him up, because I don't know why he would, but I have questions about Assad's guilt. Things were going his way, so why would he want to screw things up like this. It may very well have been a strike on rebel gas supplies, but on our end it is starting to look like Gulf of Tonkin.

Was just a thought because of everything else going on. I can't see Assad doing it either after what Tillerson said. As you said Assad's excuse makes some sense as well.
With Putin meddling in everyone's business around the world so they say, makes it not so far fetched he brought some juice over and set the stage for this to draw not just us but the world into the battle. Putin could care less who dies. Same could be said for Assad I suppose. Guess we'll have to see how the vote goes at the UN.
Another theory would be Putin and Assad together did it to bash Obama since his administration bragged they resolved the issue of chemical weapons without force.
By Phaedrus
Hopefully they can get inspectors in there to determine what happened. Assad has been cooperative on that front, but it is not an area under his control. When Assad's chemical weapons were confiscated, it was a joint operation with the Russians, so they would not want to be embarrassed any more than Obama.

What I found irritating in the media is that no one was asking why. Everything is just Assad did it and will we make him pay. .
By eriknben10
ISIS didn't take credit for it either. Someone is sending a message.
By Phaedrus
Unless it was just a weapons cache that was hit. I've heard that's not credible, but not why.
By Boro Friend
Trump's approval ratings according to Rasmussen are on the rise again. He is currently at 50% approve,50% disapprove. He was at a high as 59 % from his swearing in until mid March. Then took a dive to a low as 42 %. Trend is on the way back up in the last two weeks. Just a snap shot in time.
By Stinky Pete
Yes, those are the people who think war is cool. I heard them in the wawa the other day. "Just bomb them all! Bomb the s___ out of them!" They were so excited. Of course, they won't volunteer when war breaks out, but they sure talk a good game.

Boro Friend wrote:Trump's approval ratings according to Rasmussen are on the rise again. He is currently at 50% approve,50% disapprove. He was at a high as 59 % from his swearing in until mid March. Then took a dive to a low as 42 %. Trend is on the way back up in the last two weeks. Just a snap shot in time.