By Boro Friend
They are obviously a witch-hunt so it's smart if he wants the record cleared.
By eriknben10
I would say he is doing so at the advice of his attorney. My understanding is if they were offering immunity they would expect him to have something that takes them to higher level. He has nothing so they denied his request.
By Phaedrus
Boro Friend wrote:They are obviously a witch-hunt so it's smart if he wants the record cleared.

I don't think so. If you are given immunity and it turns out you have nothing to say, the immunity is rescinded. That's the deal.
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:I would say he is doing so at the advice of his attorney. My understanding is if they were offering immunity they would expect him to have something that takes them to higher level. He has nothing so they denied his request.

I don't believe he was deposed.
By eriknben10
Stinky Pete wrote:Wouldn't he first have to testify for them to know he doesn't have anything important to say?

I don't think so in this case. This theory they are chasing about Russia and the circumstantial evidence they may have from wire taps would tell them anything he would tell them. Now if they heard something that would catch a bigger goose they would offer him immunity to testify to get the bigger prize. That's the way they work.
By eriknben10
Testimony from Susan Rice on illegal release of classified information. :lol: :lol:

By eriknben10
Anyone else think Putin set Bashar up? Can Congress even work together on something like this?