By eriknben10
The entire chain of events has been astonishing to behold. He never took chemo treatments when they cut the cancer out either. I've seen a lot of illness as well. I don't know that I'd go as far as saying why those folks were chosen to be the ill among us.
By JW
Stinky Pete wrote:Again, I apologize for bringing diet into this.

Why, it's no big deal and should come up more often. If it's brought up in a positive way it can help inspire others.

I forgot to mention that when my mother fell the second time she broke her right arm. So now she is laying in bed with two broken arms, a fractured hip and multiple fractures and other problems with her spine that at this point is non repairable. I just don't know why people in this type of condition can't just call the ball and say I've had enough. She is basically out their suffering every waking hour. If I could I'd bring her home, invite as many family over as possible. Sit around her bed holding hands and give her a big dose of morphine and say good by.
By JW
JW wrote:
Stinky Pete wrote:Again, I apologize for bringing diet into this.

Why, it's no big deal and should come up more often. If it's brought up in a positive way it can help inspire others.
Sorry to hear about your father. I also dealt with that with my father. We kept him home as long as possible. But he would get agitated at night. He would insist that he had to go to work and my mother would call me 4-5 times a week to come over and help calm him down. He would get mean too and curse. Would tell me (that b----h is hiding my shoes and I have to go to work.). He never talked like that. Would get up in the middle of the night and shave then leave the sink faucet running with the stopper down and flood the bottom floor. Then one time he went out in the middle of the night and painted the bricks on the front of the house. They were never painted before. It got to be too much and we put him in Montour House behind Riddle for 13k a month. He kept getting out of his chair and walking. They juiced him up so much he didn't know where he was and couldn't even talk.

I forgot to mention that when my mother fell the second time she broke her right arm. So now she is laying in bed with two broken arms, a fractured hip and multiple fractures and other problems with her spine that at this point is non repairable. I just don't know why people in this type of condition can't just call the ball and say I've had enough. She is basically out their suffering every waking hour. If I could I'd bring her home, invite as many family over as possible. Sit around her bed holding hands and give her a big dose of morphine and say good by.
By Stinky Pete
Yes, you know what I'm going through. He was strong, but they medicated it out of him. We had no choice. We couldn't take care of him, and nowhere would take him otherwise.

Also, I thought long and hard about giving my mom the whole bottle of morphine...
By JW
Stinky Pete wrote:Yes, you know what I'm going through. He was strong, but they medicated it out of him. We had no choice. We couldn't take care of him, and nowhere would take him otherwise.

Also, I thought long and hard about giving my mom the whole bottle of morphine...

Yea, her dignity is gone she's just a money making machine for MG now. Sad
By eriknben10
I'm sorry to hear about your mother JW and your father Stinky. My father-in-law has Lewy Body Dementia for little over a year now and it isn't fun to watch either. My mother-in-law has been legally blind for about 10 years and he is caring for her. My sister-in-law lives with them but she is also a school psychologist and is working.
I'm with you on the assisted suicide JW. To answer your question of why we can't, because we have a bunch of boneheads that think they own us, writing laws that say we can't. That may change soon but with the big money they make off of keeping folks alive, unfortunately it won't help those suffering now.
By JW
eriknben10 wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your mother JW and your father Stinky. My father-in-law has Lewy Body Dementia for little over a year now and it isn't fun to watch either. My mother-in-law has been legally blind for about 10 years and he is caring for her. My sister-in-law lives with them but she is also a school psychologist and is working.
I'm with you on the assisted suicide JW. To answer your question of why we can't, because we have a bunch of boneheads that think they own us, writing laws that say we can't. That may change soon but with the big money they make off of keeping folks alive, unfortunately it won't help those suffering now.

Yes it sucks. I have been a personal witness to two decisions made by a family with a close personal friend who happened to be a head nurse with 40 years experience in critical care make the call for their elderly parents. It didn't come easy but when only suffering is left???? Of course this never happened.

Oh and did you know beer cleans a glass stove top pretty damn well? Crap :roll: