By Phaedrus
If true, it means that people are leveraged in the market. When the market collapses it will lead to the usual bankruptcies and ripple effects through the economy.
Ford has confirmed it plans to cut 10 percent of its salaried workforce in North America and Asia in a bid to cut expenses and mitigate the impact that falling auto sales are having on the company’s profitability.

The company will achieve its goal by offering generous early retirement incentives and through "voluntary" buyouts. The plan will affect close to 1,400 employees and completed by October. It won't affect hourly workers.

Long over due correction in the market is all it is with the DOW.
Yes, ford is cutting 10% and offering severance packages. My company instituted something similar recently. When they fire me, I get 28 weeks pay for my 28 years of service. Then I'm cooked.

But I have to agree not to sue for age discrimination to collect the 28 weeks.
By Phaedrus
Phaedrus wrote: I'm just thinking a bubble is developing and it is borrowed money. I don't think it is explained by moving money from bonds or cash positions. Should the next government focus on "priming the pump" and giving large tax breaks, that bubble will expand because a booming market attracts money more than some dull investment in production and jobs.

WOW! Trump has been stealing from me! :lol: :lol:
Severance packages are a joke. I would just lay off those who weren't viable for my business anymore. Ford is clearing the house of desk jockeys that are chewing up the profits.
JuneCarter wrote:Rut roh!

Correction didn't take long. Wonder who they will blame it on now that Ford got rid of all the desk jockeys? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: