By Phaedrus
JW wrote:Social security WAS NEVER meant to live off of but only to supplement a person's retirement. UNFORTUNATELY MOSY WOULD HAVE NOTHing if it was not for Social Security. To privatized would be the worst thing ever. People would end up with nothing if the market crashed. It is the best insurance policy anyone could have. To think otherwise is just stupid. No other plan out there gives you the kind of return Social Security does!

Was never

Sometimes it's best to post sober.
By Phaedrus
eriknben10 wrote:I was referring to Poor Americans under 65 die at a rate 3.4 times higher than their wealthy counterparts. Not sure what you are disagreeing with.

I'm disagreeing that it is a transfer from the poor to the rich because it gets taxed back from the rich.
By eriknben10
While wealthier people could end up paying some tax back, I think that percentage is very low in the scheme of things. Here is some of what I am referring to. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sens ... -security/
JW wrote:Social security WAS NEVER meant to live off of but only to supplement a person's retirement.

I don't believe that's true. SS was implemented during the Great Depression. People had no "retirement". They had nothing. There was no "supplementing".
By JW
Phaedrus wrote:
JW wrote:Social security WAS NEVER meant to live off of but only to supplement a person's retirement. UNFORTUNATELY MOSY WOULD HAVE NOTHing if it was not for Social Security. To privatized would be the worst thing ever. People would end up with nothing if the market crashed. It is the best insurance policy anyone could have. To think otherwise is just stupid. No other plan out there gives you the kind of return Social Security does!

Was never

Sometimes it's best to post sober.

And sometimes you know nothing about what you talk about and you should just STFU but you try to baffle people with BS.
By JW
Crowbird23 wrote:JW thanks for another great post, it must be fun to wake up to see what you wrote.

Go back down in mommies basement until you actually have something to contribute. Which so far you haven't. Moron.
By JW
Stinky Pete wrote:
JW wrote:Social security WAS NEVER meant to live off of but only to supplement a person's retirement.

I don't believe that's true. SS was implemented during the Great Depression. People had no "retirement". They had nothing. There was no "supplementing".

SS was designed to give retired workers 65 and older a continuing income. It was not meant to be a retirement plan for most it was and still is not enough to live on.