User avatar
By Phaedrus
#472970
eriknben10 wrote:A new year for the eagle cam has arrived, with sound.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... 549&mode=2


"A bit of history on the Hanover nest: The first record of an active nest in this area is from 2005. Records indicate that eaglets have fledged eight times, most often two at a time. There are no records indicating that any of the adult nesting eagles have been banded or otherwise marked. These cameras (provided by HDOnTap) were installed in November 2015. The cameras are powered by a hard line running down the tree to an electrical panel several feet from the base of the tree. Comcast Business is providing the internet service. Together, these partners are creating this dependable, high-quality stream. Friends of Codorus State Park supplied the bucket lift and other items necessary for installation and the landowner is donating the electricity to power the camera. Codorus State Park staff have been instrumental with on the ground staff and in facilitating this project. The Game Commission is grateful for all those involved in providing this spectacular view of nature at work. Sign up to receive Watchable Wildlife emails, including Hanover eagle updates."
By DZicy
#472973
It was quite fascinating several years back when an eagle showed up in dear old Aston two different times. It perched itself nobly in the highest tree in the neighborhood once to the adulation of a decent sized crowd of the neighbors and once, our webmaster will recall, on a rainy Saturday when only he, myself, and my son saw it. Magnificent creatures, the eagles that is, not us.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#472981
DZicy wrote:
Do you know where this is?


I know exactly where it is. Why you ask?
By DZicy
#472983
eriknben10 wrote:
DZicy wrote:
Do you know where this is?


I know exactly where it is. Why you ask?



If it was local I would like to see it then I could shoot the eagles and make a headress out of them. Retribution for their killing that poor squirrel. I did see it is in Hanover.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#472989
Phaedrus wrote:
eriknben10 wrote:A new year for the eagle cam has arrived, with sound.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... 549&mode=2


"A bit of history on the Hanover nest: The first record of an active nest in this area is from 2005. Records indicate that eaglets have fledged eight times, most often two at a time. There are no records indicating that any of the adult nesting eagles have been banded or otherwise marked. These cameras (provided by HDOnTap) were installed in November 2015. The cameras are powered by a hard line running down the tree to an electrical panel several feet from the base of the tree. Comcast Business is providing the internet service. Together, these partners are creating this dependable, high-quality stream. Friends of Codorus State Park supplied the bucket lift and other items necessary for installation and the landowner is donating the electricity to power the camera. Codorus State Park staff have been instrumental with on the ground staff and in facilitating this project. The Game Commission is grateful for all those involved in providing this spectacular view of nature at work. Sign up to receive Watchable Wildlife emails, including Hanover eagle updates."


2005 was the year they moved from the wood lot behind my house and migrated to the current nest. Roughly only 1/2 mile away but closer to the center of the body of water. They were only in the woodlot behind my house for 2 years. I'm just guessing it was the same pair at that time, being Eagles are territorial and the nest out back went dormant after 2005.
User avatar
By eriknben10
#473613
They are ramping up activity at the nest today. Stay tuned for the egg laying.
User avatar
By Flavor
#473617
eriknben10 wrote:They are ramping up activity at the nest today. Stay tuned for the egg laying.


Glad to read this. :D
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12