I beleive that the real intent of the administration and the hidden priority is to get control of content of the internet. Of course that will bring out the defenders of the administration and deniers of anything awry.Nothing surprises me anymore.But when you make statements like 'too much information out there' ,that's Washington code for setting the stage.I really don't think that they can carry the day if everyone stays vigilant. Enough people are on to the agenda and will take the fight to them.But the fight may be a feisiy one. Just how far away is Nov. 2012 anyway?
First of all, Obama never siad the words "too much information out there". He did talk to a graduating class about the challenges of making sense of all the media and information. To spin this into the administration planning an assault on freedom of speech is absurd.
Boro Friend wrote:Looks like the Obama administration is prepared to take a slap at the courts ,congress and us with their plans for the F.C.C. to take a vote on Dec. 21 on internet regulations under the banner of net neutrality..Congress will be ajourned, court doors closed and the American people will giving their attention to the holidays . The courts and the congress have already rejected moves by the administration to regulate the internet.But that won't stand in their way.Call your Rep's and Sen's in Congress and tell them that their first order of business must be to pry the grubby little hands of the federal government off the internet. The arrogance of these guys in the white house never cease to amaze me. You do not want the federal government controling freedom of the press, the internet or any other type of free speech. Please don't take it lightly. Once they open the door no telling where it will all end. They mean business and so must we. Make that call,write that letter...

Are you on DRUGS?
Phaedrus wrote:First of all, Obama never siad the words "too much information out there". He did talk to a graduating class about the challenges of making sense of all the media and information. To spin this into the administration planning an assault on freedom of speech is absurd.

He said something very very close to that and that's why I did not make quotation marks .('' '') I am not spinning anything and despite his remarks to the class if I get time I may go back and see if I can find quotes that current and former administration officials have made provided the quotes have not been scrubbed. I still maintain that they want control.We will see how it all unfolds.I think we will see one hell of a fight.

The only thing absurd is your steadfast , undying defense of this administration.
The phrase "too much information out there" actually is a quote from Rush Limbaugh as he sought to characterize Obama's commencement address. The phrase was then picked up by other right-wing media so they could continue the spin. For a guy who once called Rush and a--hole I am sure you are proud to put his words in Obama's mouth.

As for my undying defense, I happen to believe in the things he has done. I think they have made mistakes, but not of a nature that would cause me to vote against him, nor would I then support the right-wing lunatic fringe.
Phaedrus wrote:The phrase "too much information out there" actually is a quote from Rush Limbaugh as he sought to characterize Obama's commencement address. The phrase was then picked up by other right-wing media so they could continue the spin. For a guy who once called Rush and a--hole I am sure you are proud to put his words in Obama's mouth.

As for my undying defense, I happen to believe in the things he has done. I think they have made mistakes, but not of a nature that would cause me to vote against him, nor would I then support the right-wing lunatic fringe.

Don't give me that Limbaugh crap. At the time I saw the clip on television of the President talking at that graduation. . I have no idea what Limbaugh said nor do I care. But it sure appears you do.
Last edited by Boro Friend on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.