The conventional logic is to invest in bonds if you're expecting things to be bad. Bonds are less risky and more predictable. Personally, I think things are going to turn positive soon, both here and internationally, so I have a lot of money in U.S., Emerging markets, and general international bond index funds.
Mad Maxx wrote:If you want to figure out what is going to happen next in the financial markets, carefully watch what the insiders are doing. Those that are "connected" have access to far better sources of information than the rest of us have, and if they hear that something big is coming up they will often make very significant moves with their money in anticipation of what is about to happen.

There have been sooooo many studies done which show the 'experts' aren't any more reliable than monkeys throwing darts. They're all just guessing. Sometimes they guess right a few times in a row, and people think they're geniuses.
Mad Maxx wrote:I agree with ya...but I'm not sure "how soon". What are you basing your opinion on that the market will get better quickly?

MM

I'd like to say I have some solid basis for my opinion. Really it's just based on my belief that things are cyclical, and after 10 crappy years, something's gotta give sooner or later. We've made it through some really terrible events, and Europe's mess will eventually resolve itself.
By eriknben10
I'd like to think things are going to change for the better as well but my gut feeling is we are looking at the very least 3-5 more years of a slumpish economy unless the government :lol: releases another big thing like the world wide web. I myself have 80% my money invested in rental property and have been very lucky to have great long term tennants and the ability/tools to do all the maintanence myself.
By Wrench97
I'm really surprised all that typing and MM forgot the link to his Gold for Sale Web siteImage I know I taught him better then that.....................
By Phaedrus
I suspect that whatever similarity I have with pinkie is pretty superficial, but if one of those many people wants to give an in depth analysis, I'm all ears and structured sentences.