Phaedrus wrote:First of all, of all the major religions in the world, the one I dislike most is Islam. However, while Christianity does not proscribe beatings for women it has no restrictions either. It does allow for it and all you have to do is look at the witch trials to see church sanctioned oppression of women.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you belong to a church that limits the role of women; where women aren't allowed to teach men, preach in the services, teach their own male children about religion, or hold any sort of authority over men.

Or maybe that was Norton.

Must be Norton. Your statement on Christianity not prescribing beatings for women is a real stretch even for you.I don't know very much about the witch trials but that would come under using Christianity to justifying their actions.
Sharia law cannot stand up under scrutiny. It is intolerant and excessive, and Aristotle in his Nicomachean Ethics teaches the West that excess is never just.
Thankfully, the province of Quebec, Canada, has forbidden sharia. This is the right initiative.
Sharia ultimately degrades society and diminishes freedom.
Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed.

The punishment is death if the participants are adults, of sound mind and consenting; the method of execution is for the Shari'a judge to decide.
As radical Islam continues its bold and deadly march to erase freedom from the face of the earth — we must determine who we will honor: America’s fallen 9/11 victims or the terrorists who attacked them?