By paesano
janetb wrote:It might be here, but not there... and trains can be a bit tricky in ice/sleet/rain/snow or combinations thereof. I'll decide tomorrow morning one way or another. Boston weather forecast:

Monday: Bitter day with highs only near 10 above zero. Wind chills at or below zero all day. Sun fades behind late day clouds.

Tuesday: Warmer with cloudy skies. Patchy light snow & flurries for the day. A coating to an inch in spots. Highs from 28 to 33.

Wednesday: Snow developing by late morning. Possibly changes to rain along the coast by evening. Windy with highs in the upper 20s to middle 30s. Heavy snow/sleet & wind likely by evening.

Thursday: Patches of light snow/flurries gives way to sun by afternoon.

Hartford CT forecast is for snow and sleet, no rain. Providence RI has snow only predicted. Just don't know yet.

It appears it’s going to be more of a rain event here, Good luck on your trip & stay safe.
~P
By janetb
Thankfully it has been changed to a teleconference - makes sense, since people were supposed to fly in from Pittsburgh and they bailed, and two of us were headed from here; if they decide they need a face to face, they'll pick a date in April. Sooooo glad.
By JuneCarter
On My Fox Philly they said it may start as a rain event between 7-9 a.m. tomorrow, but then switch over to a mixture and then snow and that the p.m. rush hour could be a bit dicey. I think they said around 4 inches of snow is likely.

WHERE IS SPRING!!!
By 50 plus
WHERE'S SPRING? March like usual - IF we last that long!!!!!! :x :x Guess I've realized I'd rather have one giant snow total instead of all these little nuisance 'storms'. I just want to see all green again.
By astmom1234
50 plus wrote:WHERE'S SPRING? March like usual - IF we last that long!!!!!! :x :x Guess I've realized I'd rather have one giant snow total instead of all these little nuisance 'storms'. I just want to see all green again.

so true....one or two giant ones and get it over with. Green, I don't think I've seen my grass since some time in December. Green grass & blue skies would be soooooo nice right about now! :) :) :)
By paesano
Glen HURICANE Swartz is calling for 5-8 inches of snow, for Thursday morning.
~P
By paesano
Snow will be at it’s worse tonight and Thursday morning,, snow will be coming down at the rate of 2 inches a hour,
~P
By paesano
PHILADELPHIA - Part one of today's Nor'easter arrived several hours earlier than expected, bringing snow to much of the area.

Several inches or more could fall in many areas before the storm switches back to rain after 11 a.m.

The combination of the snow and morning commuters isn't working out well, with many schools deciding not to close or open late.

Accumulations could run between 2 inches and 4 inches this morning, before the changeover this afternoon.

Part 2 of the storm arrives Wednesday night, where 5 to 10 inches of snow could hit Philadelphia and 4 to 8 inches for most of the area outside Philadelphia.

A Winter Storm Warning is posted through late tonight into the early-morning hours of Thursday.

At least 60 local schools have reported delayed openings, early dismissals or closures, especially in Chester County.

The precipitation falling in Philadelphia should become a light wintry mix and leave by late morning or noon.

Then comes a break in the action and part two of the storm, which is when we'll see it really gain some strength and pack a punch as it moves in anytime after dark tonight.

Very heavy snow – perhaps at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour with potential thundersnow in the Interstate 95 corridor – will pile up from dinnertime through midnight. Winds will also be kicking up to 25-35 mph, so scattered power outages can't be ruled out.

By 2 a.m. or so the snow should be out of the city, and the cleanup begins Thursday morning.

As for snowfall totals, Philadelphia is right on the line between a band of expected 5 to 10 inches running from northern Delaware into central New Jersey.
~P